pro-2A speech constitutes mental instability, guns confiscated.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    This case will even put the entire FOID system in the courts cross hairs, as it should be under substantive due process.

Liberal overreach to the rescue one again..

This makes me very optimistic.. Yet another way to get to a standard of review from another circuit ..

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    poor guy, goes in trying to make a difference and talk to his legislators and gets his guns confiscated for his trouble.

I hope he gets enough money from this to retire

Feb 28, 2013
    "No, we're not coming for your guns at all. You all are just paranoid":rolleyes:

Paranoid, my ass.:mad54:

And I'll bet the Washington Compost was only too happy to plaster that right on the front page, too.:tdown:

I hope he makes a mint from the lawsuit that I would be filing the NEXT DAY if it were me.:cool:

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    I'm not going to pass judgement before I see exactly what the guy said. "Unpopular political views … about his support of Second Amendment rights" could be anything from "I support the 2nd amendment and you should as well" to "I'm going to shoot you in the face because of your position on gun control" and anything in between.

Feb 28, 2013
    I'm not going to pass judgement before I see exactly what the guy said. "Unpopular political views … about his support of Second Amendment rights" could be anything from "I support the 2nd amendment and you should as well" to "I'm going to shoot you in the face because of your position on gun control" and anything in between.

Not a fair comparison. To say "I'm going to shoot you in the face" is a threat, and is therefore a crime. The first sentence is not even close.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I don't know what exactly he said , but I'd think that if it was a direct threat of violence that they would have charged him with that.

Doesn't seem like much of a problem that a politician can just declare someone mentally ill. Not much room for abuse there!

Feb 28, 2013
    Doesn't seem like much of a problem that a politician can just declare someone mentally ill. Not much room for abuse there!

Doesn't it take a doctor to do that i.e. a psychiatrist?

That would mean this durn fool was practicing medicine without a license.

I like this comment:

1.) Any sane adult citizen--who's never been convicted of a felony--may own a firearm.

2.) Desire to own a firearm is prima facie evidence of insanity.

3.) A compulsion to disagree with the truth of rule #2 is prima facie evidence of insanity.

4.) Have a nice day or I'll lock your @ss up. Keep looking at me like that if you don't think I can do it.

Feb 28, 2013
    I like this comment:

1.) Any sane adult citizen--who's never been convicted of a felony--may own a firearm.

2.) Desire to own a firearm is prima facie evidence of insanity.

3.) A compulsion to disagree with the truth of rule #2 is prima facie evidence of insanity.

4.) Have a nice day or I'll lock your @ss up. Keep looking at me like that if you don't think I can do it.

Мы являемся правительством, и мы не будет ставиться под сомнение.

In English, "We are the Government and we will not be questioned.:tdown::mad54:

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I don't know what exactly he said , but I'd think that if it was a direct threat of violence that they would have charged him with that.

Exactly. Maryland has a law against threatening violence against a public official. I'm willing to bet most other states do too.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    2nd_protects_1st.jpg

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    I read nothing to state that the man threatened anyone and they state gave the guns back. I think the man has a good case and should really spank the law in this case. Time will tell.
    Vic

BeerHunter

Don't ReMember
    Feb 13, 2013
    SoPROM
    Wow, what an interesting case. Based on the court's analysis, it's unreasonabale, at least for me, to believe that the plaintiff's statements could reasonably be construed as a threat. I think he just might be able to afford a lot more cool firearms when this case is over!

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Wow. First, Second, and Fourth amendment issues all in one case. Hints of Tenth and Fourteenth in there too. This will be one to watch for sure.

Relwarc

Jan 25, 2013
    Hunt Valley
    Glad he is able to defend himself... but this is exactly why I keep my mouth shut.

None of my neighbors, co-workers, no one knows about my gun ownership. It only takes one idiot to call the police and say "I don't feel safe because he openly talks about guns" and I get my privacy invaded. No thanks.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Would it be possible to have this settled without judgement?

That is, pay this guy off handsomely to leave this behavior unchecked?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom