• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    Figured that since they are competing for the silver eagle crowd. Been going to Sharpshooters when can't make it to matches, but honestly that place has some unsafe people doing dumb stuff sometimes.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Figured that since they are competing for the silver eagle crowd. Been going to Sharpshooters when can't make it to matches, but honestly that place has some unsafe people doing dumb stuff sometimes.
    I've never made it down to Sharpshooters, but that doesn't sound encouraging at all.

Silver Eagle's gun display and rental list is mighty impressive.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Although I mostly shoot outdoors, it’s sad that we are losing the only 100 yard indoor range in the area. :mad:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    It's a shame that the government is allowed to purchase these places. No doubt part of the motivation for this is to deprive citizens of the opportunity to train. Maybe the government will purchase Purdue and deprive us of chicken, or oil refineries to deprive us of fuel.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    It's a shame that the government is allowed to purchase these places. No doubt part of the motivation for this is to deprive citizens of the opportunity to train. Maybe the government will purchase Purdue and deprive us of chicken, or oil refineries to deprive us of fuel.
    Yup. I hope this doesn't become a trend of private businesses selling out to government.

It takes a substantial investment to open a shooting range and it won't be replaced anytime soon. Elite Shooting Sports was a decent place to go. Every place has trade offs, but this place was ok by me.

paperwork351

no error code for stupid
    Mar 7, 2008
    Gaithersburg
    It can be the peoples fault for not supporting the business in fudd land (h'burg). Too far, costs money, be stupid.

Last edited:

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    If they weren't grifting/stealing so much, they could have a nicer range. Shame.
    Heck, they should be able to support both, graft and a better range! I bet the county wouldn't approve more improvements there. I'm not sure what's behind there to know if it's even possible.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Heck, they should be able to support both, graft and a better range! I bet the county wouldn't approve more improvements there. I'm not sure what's behind there to know if it's even possible.
    Here's a Google Maps overhead of NRA Range:

IIRC, the range faces South into the parking structure. Doesn't look like they can make it much longer without purchasing the adjacent property to the South.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom