• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooting again

Feb 27, 2011
    Southern Illinois
    I made a trip to my favorite supply shop yesterday to stock up on 209 shotshell primers, among other things. They had Remington STS primers for the first time in months, but at 35% higher price than before. The other surprise was that now Federal primers are in short supply so they were limiting purchase to one brick (1,000) per customer. Are others having the same experience? Just marketplace fluctuations, or something suspicious going on?

sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    Annual rush for ammo and components I think. Online is he same way. Where in Jarrettsville are you, we're kinda a small town. It's always good to know there is another shooter around.

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    Getting harder to find everything like that... Election Panic Buying, I admit, I want to stock up on things too because I remember 4 years ago, for almost 2 years it was hell getting ammo and reloaders had some issues too. I have some STS's I got when I bought a friends entire kit, also got a nice MEC loader, one day I might get them up an running.
    At the show this weekend I noticed smaller supplies of primers, and what I was looking for (large pistol, #300 CCI) was out everywhere, even the Wolf Primers were all but sold out, they seam to be becoming popular, Want to try them just for plinking stuff, but CCI is my go to. They all said they cant get anything in stock and what they can sells out ASAP
    So IMHO Buy now what you can at good prices... It will get worse before it gets better.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Still working my way into starting to reload. I know MD, or Balt. Co anyway, has a limit on powder. Any limit on primers, which actually seem to be the more volatile component? Also, can they be stored in an outside storage room or do they need to be in a controlled environment?

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    In sure of primer limit, no one has found that out as far as I know of. You should store primers and powder in a "cool and dry" place per packaging instructions

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    In sure of primer limit, no one has found that out as far as I know of. You should store primers and powder in a "cool and dry" place per packaging instructions

yeah..md doesnt have limit on primers just smokeless and blackpowder.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I thought 10k primer's was the limit per the fire marshall??

Clarification is always appreciated.

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    I think it really depends on what you are looking for. I have been having a hard time finding Federal SPP. During my trip to PA last month I called three big gun stores and they all said they can't even order Federal SPP. Hope things cool off in the new year I going to need another 10K.

Mark C

Jul 6, 2008
    I just bought a box of federal SPP Friday at Mallin's in PA. They were out of CCI but had federal and Winchester in stock.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    I just bought a case of large pistol primers, from my local gunshop. They had plenty.

I checked a few shops - most still had CCI's which I dont care for - the Wins (which I do prefer) seem to sell out faster. But the prices are still the same as they have been in the last few months.

I suspect the pricing will change, with all the panic buyers hoarding up guns, ammo, and supplies :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom