• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a_randy_sewer

Prius-driving-gun-owner
    Nov 18, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I know many members here have one. Proud to say I finally have one too. I picked this up from a forum member for a great price. All it cost me was a 30 day wait and 10hrs on the road to Salisbury and back.

Based on condition, current pricing and offering, I think I made out just fine while waiting on my C&R. $325, 2 mags and 550 rds of makarov.

Beware, shitty cell pictures ahead...
    l9yViXj.jpg

43b12aJ.jpg

a_randy_sewer

Prius-driving-gun-owner
    Nov 18, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    looks like you got a really nice one, now shoot it and see why everyone really loves em.
    Yeah I can't wait to take it out. I have 4 new toys in hand and haven't shot one of them. This ammo-panic has caused me to be a hoarder.

I think you did *very* well!
    Thank you. Looked like a good deal in the classifieds, decided to jump on it. I purchased it for the lady, but ever since holding it, I ordered one for me too. I wasn't a C&R guy until 30 days ago and this is the reason why. Now I have a Hex Mosin, a Sino-Albanian SKS. And a M44 unissued and Mosin PU in process.

325 great deal for gun nd the ammo. Congrats!
    Anyone know if this thing prefers one brand over another? Also have a mixture of HP/FMJ, does that matter with the CZ-82?

Did you get that scrip from Teratos? He wrote me one for pistol grips and a threaded barrel for my handicaped adaptations.
    I got my script because of 'glaucoma and headaches'.

Warning, Side Effects are: Increased weight gain in your safe, decreased appetite and size of wallet, feelings of depression or mood swings while waiting on you C&R, if you experience an erection lasting longer than 4 hours, you did something right.

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I've fired Lake City FMJ, Silver Bear FMJ and JHP, Brown Bear FMJ, and Hornady JHP out of mine and neither has ever had a FTF or any other issue.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    Yeah I can't wait to take it out. I have 4 new toys in hand and haven't shot one of them. This ammo-panic has caused me to be a hoarder.

once you get past a certain number of guns you will probably have more that you havent shot than have lol.

even at a few dozen you hit the point where if you were actively trying to shoot them all, it would take months even with frequent range trips, and then add to that the fact you develop favorite shooters that end up taking more of your time.

with MSAR opening their rifle range soon, i should hopefully be able to make a lot more range trips and stretch the legs on some of my rifles that have seen no or little use.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    once you get past a certain number of guns you will probably have more that you havent shot than have lol.

even at a few dozen you hit the point where if you were actively trying to shoot them all, it would take months even with frequent range trips, and then add to that the fact you develop favorite shooters that end up taking more of your time.

Or, you have a friend come visit, and you decide that it's time to try out a bunch of stuff that doesn't get shot often. That's really fun ... until you realize that it's 1:30 am, and you're still cleaning guns.

But, on that note, another advantage of the Cz-82 is that it's got to be one of the fastest and easiest tear-downs for cleaning ever made!

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    Or, you have a friend come visit, and you decide that it's time to try out a bunch of stuff that doesn't get shot often. That's really fun ... until you realize that it's 1:30 am, and you're still cleaning guns.

i always go with my brothers and usually some other folks.

but you're exactly right, i used to over reach and try to bring everything, but then afterwards id end up cleaning for hours.

so these days i try to keep it simple, ill usually bring a .22, a pistol and then one or two rifles, often ill bring one of my favorite shooters, and then another gun that ive never shot or rarely shoot.

the problem with shooting new stuff every range trip is that you also never hit anything because you never get really familiar with anything :lol2:

but i dont care, im more about the experience than shooting great groups

But, on that note, another advantage of the Cz-82 is that it's got to be one of the fastest and easiest tear-downs for cleaning ever made!

with one caveat, do NOT try to disassemble the trigger group bits, its a nightmare to get back together,no real reason to anyway, just get a spray can of break free cleaner or something to spray it out now and then, and then work in some oil.

WatTyler

Ultimate Member
    Thanks, doc. Now, if the MSP don't take so long to "not disapprove" me that the NICS expires I may be able to avail myself of this therapy. I've already received a box of the evil 12-round mags for it - the first time I've ever bought accessories for a gun I didn't already have in hand. Hope I get a chance to use them before they get lost in a maritime accident.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    That is a very nice gun at a very good price when you include the 500 rounds of ammunition. I bought a CZ-82 4 years ago and lent it to my son. Later, we legally transferred it to him. I just bought another one and took it to the range today. It is as accurate as my Glock 17L and my SIG P228.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom