• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I view the training requirements as a ******** hoop to jump through rather than it being a legitimate safety concern, so they can hand exemptions out like candy to all the 42Rs, 32Bs, and even the Officer in Charge of Diversity and Inclusion for all I care. I do think a firearm owner should take some level of voluntary training, but am against requiring it. Even more strongly against it being required only as an obstruction.
    As far as me feeling safer around armed vets, while I know there's as many trash people in the military as on the outside, I hold the probably naïve belief that overall they still have a slightly stronger good character versus the average slob like me.
    EXACRIE!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    While I said that the military doesn't cover MD law, in no way did I suggest that the waiver should be dropped. I'll feel a hell of a lot better out in public knowing that there's a possibility that the person standing next to me is a legally armed veteran. I'm pointing out the BS in the training requirements that don't make sense. I'd offer to let you check my balls, but you'd only leave disappointed and unimpressed.
    Thee tired trying requirement is BS and I promise to be gentle.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    While I said that the military doesn't cover MD law, in no way did I suggest that the waiver should be dropped. I'll feel a hell of a lot better out in public knowing that there's a possibility that the person standing next to me is a legally armed veteran. I'm pointing out the BS in the training requirements that don't make sense. I'd offer to let you check my balls, but you'd only leave disappointed and unimpressed.
    Thee tired trying requirement is BS and I promise to be gentle.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    And as usual, when a ray of sunshine falls upon MDS the members turn on themselves.
    The veteran exemption is part of the public safety code. That battle was fought in 2013. If you don't like it because you didn't have the balls to let go of mommy's skirt and go into the military, then by all means talk to your legislators to introduce a bill to change it. Until then, the Supreme Court decision in no way affects that part of the law.

Use every tool that the legislators so graciously bestowed upon us and stop yapping like a bunch of Chiwawas.

Exemptions for anyone is classism. To me at least. We're all citizens.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I’m sure it’s coming. It’s a huge hurdle to leap for a single mother in Baltimore city who has a much more acute need for self defense than most of us. It’s cost prohibitive. Time prohibitive, and frankly just petty.
    You ned to introduce her to Mark, and see if she will be party to a lawsuit.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It may not be moot with a letter on G&S alone because MSI wisely requested relief for other things like attorney fees under 42 U.S.C. § 1988 . And the other subjective requirements relief, like the references, will probably still be in play unless Frosh is less dogmatically obsessed than I think he is. I just wish MSI had specifically requested relief from the burdensome training requirement.

That said, I wonder if a complaint can be amended at Court of Appeals level? I'm pretty sure it can't be at SCOTUS level.
    Nope, Can't be amended at the "next" level. Everything needs to be entered in the initial case haring, once a judge makes a ruling, that "locks" the case to what was entered/heard.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    On the questionnaire section for have you ever been arrested charged or convicted of any criminal law if something was expunged isnt the answer for those No?
    Maryland Criminal Procedure 10-109

Specifically, 10-109(a)(3)(ii)

(3) Refusal by a person to disclose information about criminal charges that have been expunged may not be the sole reason for:
    (i) an employer to discharge or refuse to hire the person;  or
    (ii) a unit, official, or employee of the State or a political subdivision of the State to deny the person's application.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Can you post contact info for this site? I'm looking for a place to get these done. In on the mid-shore.

I was going to call MVA Salisbury. Anyone know how much they charge?

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk

Fingerprinting...​

Effective April 15, 2012; the Wicomico County Sheriff's Office will no longer conduct fingerprinting for the general public. New requirements by the FBI regarding fingerprint submissions now require all fingerprints to be taken using digital technology. Below is a list of places authorized to complete electronic fingerprint submissions:
    • Motor Vehicle Administration, 251 Tilghman Road Salisbury, MD Ph: 888-795-0011
    • Morpho Trust USA/ABCO Investigations, 10545 Friendship Road Berlin, MD Ph: 877-467-9215
    • Inquires, Inc., 129 N. West Street Easton, MD Ph: 866-987-3767
    Please contact the providers directly for further information including hours, pricing, and appointments. This is not an all inclusive list. Type "Live Scan" and your city and state in your web browser's search engine for more listings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom