• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mroe21877

Nov 5, 2014
    THis is probably a long shot but I have to try as i have been freaking out all night. Last night my dog went missing but the way it happened is strange. I got home from work about 1610, the dog was outside on two leashes for a bit to get some air. We usually put here near a window to our family room so she can sit under a tree unless i have her on a long lead. I went inside and about 1640-ish went out to walk her and bring her in. She, with both leashes, were gone. What makes it strange is that to get free, with both leashes, would mean either the one slip-knot tied to the fence would have had to have broken or she would have had to manually take them apart, remove the first, then leave with both - highly unlikely. If one did break it is also unlikely that she would have taken off trailing many feet of leash, or wouldnt have made it far. She can be a runner but usually with a leash on even without holding it she wont leave. It is all very strange and it appears that she has been stolen. A Deputy at the Sheriff's office agreed.

We live off of Adams road in Port which is off of Theodore near 276. She is a red colored Shiba Inu. they look like small huskies sort of. Pointed ears and a curled tail. she had a green harness with a black leash and a pink leash. We have had her for around 8 years. We have sent a pic to the cecil county animal control but all indications are that she was taken.

Not that that is bad enough but, if true, there are other implications. My driveway is about 100 feet long plus another 50 to the point where she was. a person would have had to be within 3 feet of a ground floor window right where our family room is. It would have still been light out. If she was taken is was done brazenly - which is making me quite uneasy.

I dont want to point fingers right now but we happened to have had a delivery and install made of appliances yesterday. I cant help but connect the two in my mind. My street is not one that is heavily travelled, a sitting car, or person walking would attract attention, so i dont think this could be someone that has been watching or known of her before. Shiba's are somewhat rare breeds so perhaps that prompted it.

Sorry for the long post, I'm hoping something turns up or she just walks back today from a night in the woods.

thanks

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Not to add to your paranoia but it is possible that if she appeared to be tied outside that someone with good intentions may have "rescued" her.

A lot of people leave dogs permanently tied to a tree in all kinds of weather and without water. Well meaning people sometimes take those dogs.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Not to add to your paranoia but it is possible that if she appeared to be tied outside that someone with good intentions may have "rescued" her.

A lot of people leave dogs permanently tied to a tree in all kinds of weather and without water. Well meaning people sometimes take those dogs.

This.

Call "Buddy For Life", or,... whoever has the animal control contact for Cecil this week. :sad20:

mroe21877

Nov 5, 2014
    Thanks for the replies. We put her on two leashes to give her room to go under the tree and sometimes she goes under a bush and lays down. They are fairly long leashes. I used to have long leads for her but she would always wrap around a tree a few times and get stuck. She was out for a while since she's been in the house so much with this weather. When i came home i said hi to her and figured id give her more time to hang out. Now Im killing myself over it - I should have taken her in.

No one from the road can see her. the neighbors would recognize her - they all let their dogs just run wherever. it had to be a walk up and deliberate thing if taken. I am hoping she just somehow got free and took a walk. The thing is i have woods behind me and everyone around here is sitting on 1,2, 7 acres. I may need to trek into the woods later. I tried last night and had to stop when it got really dark.

mroe21877

Nov 5, 2014
    Thank You

she is friendly. Her name is Emmy. she is small for hte breed. She is only 18 pounds - people say they look like foxes. reddish with white sox. If she is scared or something her tail will be down and it is bushy so i can see the fox thing. if not its curled up like a husky.

this pic is from the web - i dont have one handy

Attachments

• shiba.jpg
      shiba.jpg
      3.9 KB · Views: 306

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I drove the surrounding area of your home with no luck. I even drove Principio as it backs up to Adams in a small area. Sorry.

I have a friend on Post Rd and another on Camp Meeting Ground, they are keeping an eye out.

Good luck finding her.

mroe21877

Nov 5, 2014
    Good news as I arrived home the neighbor brought the dog over. She is covered in mud and somehow got her harness on backwards but she is OK. She must have been somewhere near water but made it back close to the house.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 6.0 HD using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom