Votes: 88 29.2%
    • NEVER!

Votes: 140 46.5%

• Total voters

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    I bought all the handguns that I will probably ever need, including those to go to my kids. So, I have no compelling need at the moment to get the HQL. In addition, since I do not need the training (ex-military, already own, DNR hunter safety course, on-line web course), to get a license will cost me at least $104.50! I'd rather spend it on ammo.

Damn! Why do I still want to buy more? I've got to stop watching "shoot 'em up" movies! :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ihriec

Aug 10, 2013
    I got most everything I needed before Oct. 1 so I don't want to spend the money and time to get one. Saving for a rifle and shotgun now.

pigfrmr

Known Associate
    Not until this...

WhenPigsFly.jpg

and this...

hell_freeze_1_.jpg

happen in the same day.

Until then

kids_giving_finger_201.jpg

THIS

:tongue01:
    Plan on moving to a free state by June of next year

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I have a Few handguns now. I'm gonna pass on getting a HQL. I'll hopefully move to another state in a few years and be ble to buy anything I want.

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    No, I think you're wrong. An FFL buying for his or her personal collection is treated the same as everyone else. At least that's what my FFL (Class 7) told me. As a Class 7, he is a manufacturer (gunsmith).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
    Your FFL that told you that, he is going to fill out his own paperwork and send it in to MSP? I doubt it……..

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    No, I think you're wrong. An FFL buying for his or her personal collection is treated the same as everyone else. At least that's what my FFL (Class 7) told me. As a Class 7, he is a manufacturer (gunsmith).

Your FFL that told you that, he is going to fill out his own paperwork and send it in to MSP? I doubt it……..

Also read this information taken from the MSP licensing website.

Exceptions to possession of the HQL License
    A Licensed Firearms Manufacturer.
    Active law enforcement officer or a person retired in good standing from a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State, or a local law enforcement agency of the State.
    Active or retired member of the United States Armed Forces or National Guard and possesses a valid military identification card.
    A person purchasing, renting or receiving an antique, curio or relic as defined in federal law.
    Maryland licensed firearms dealers.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    I admit I may be wrong, but I believe the exemption for manufacturers and dealers is in conduct of their business and not for personal collections. Also, the FFL I used was talking about what he had to do to add to a personal collection before October 1st, which was to submit a 77R and wait just like everyone else.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown

Yes, actually, he did tell me that if he was going to add to his personal collection.

Last edited:

Free Radical

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 14, 2012
    yOur Nation's Capital
    Only after all lawsuits are settled. I also do not want my information out there for all to see. If they get there act together will see what happens.

Wait, are HQL holder records public information?

If you refuse and never buy another handgun, the antis will have gotten exactly what they wanted. Why cut off your nose to spite your face?

In the same way that drug prohibitionists have gotten exactly what they want by banning drugs, right? Black markets will always exist.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    i could be wrong but I believe that there would be a difference between the "FFL" as a business and the FFL permit holder as an individual. I could be wrong, I have been before. I would think the same would apply to the "manufacturer".

Free Radical

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 14, 2012
    yOur Nation's Capital
    And be illegal. We as a community here do not condone illegal activities. Just my opinion.

Oh, of course! I'm sure that's the 99% consensus in most communities, but O'Malley is actually concerned with getting rid of civilian-held guns and actually thinks this will work, he's made an error in his calculations.

Keep in mind that the American Revolution was illegal ;)

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I didn't want and do not believe I need to constitutionally, but, at the end of the day, decided to get the HQL.
    I am not a collector, so as time was running out (and limited to one per month), I realized two things. One, I don't want to be limited going forward as to what I want to buy. Two, if we don't purchase from the local guys and jump through these BS hoops, local shops won't see a need to carry regulated firearms. Where are our kids going to purchase their first handguns 10 or 20 years from now?
    They have put barriers in place to make it difficult to purchase. If we don't go through the barriers, they win.
    It's BS and completely unconstitutional, but I'll play along to keep doing what is already a guaranteed right.
    That said, there are some tips on the Scott's Gunsmithing page which were spot on with regarding to getting an HQL. It really wasn't a pain in the butt to do, and I recommend it to anyone interested.
    Good luck with whatever you choose. I'm still buying.
    -S&W19

FireAtWill

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Sep 12, 2013
    Frederick
    Don't forget folks.......

Unconstitutional.

Plus, every HQL is more proof (from their POV) that people accept the change.

Mr H and I have seen eye-to-eye on this all along... No, I will not get an HQL.

That said, I understand that some people out there want/need something now and have no immediate choice but to comply...do what you need to do. Fortunately, I'm not at that point... I'll buy cash and carry, enjoy what I have for now, and watch the court proceedings play out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom