• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Back when I was still looking for a decent S&W 1076, I saw both Virginia and Kentucky State Police marked pistols. Not all local departments did this.

May 13, 2005
    Glock, and others, makes special runs with unique serial numbers as well as the logos engraved in them. I know someone who just got a "NRPC..." serialized Glock. Was a run for Amtrak security, hence the National Railroad Personnel Corporation acro.

I know a couple folks that have quite the LE issue/trade-in collections, both handgun and long guns.

Jul 6, 2012
    MoCo, MD
    Don't you find it a bit ironic (and hypocritical) that le departments sell off their old service weapons but support gun buy-backs that destroy our old weapons? They are flooding the market with cheap guns! It's an outrage (sarcasm)!

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    was interested in collecting le issued handguns. I know Detroit stamps their pistols, anybody else?

I had a collection of NYPD revolvers

GPNY GP 100 in 38 special DOA bead blasted

SPNY SP101 in 38 special DOA bead blasted

NY-1 Model 60 DOA bead blasted

NY-1 Model 64 as above

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    My neighbor is with the US Capitol Police and they stamp their Glocks. However, he just got issued a new Gen4 and wanted to buy his old Gen2 but they told him it was going to be destroyed :sad20:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I have this from my Dad :)

Attachments

• smith.jpg
      smith.jpg
      97.7 KB · Views: 299

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    was interested in collecting le issued handguns. I know Detroit stamps their pistols, anybody else?

the police in Howard County, in Columbia at least, have SIG 226s in immaculate ****ing condition with night sights, no special stampings of any kind, just a regular SIG.

The day I found that out was the day I also found out that no matter how well you know a police officer, even if you are friends with his family, while he is on duty he will not allow his pistol to be out of his possession even for a second.

I realized this as he showed the gun to me, since he literally did exactly that, SHOWED it to me, in HIS hands.

I guess you literally have to be ready for shit to jump off at ANY SECOND.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I've got a Colt official police that has PPD stamped on the butt, it came from a seller in Arizona so I'm assuming it came from the Phoenix PD but I couldn't be positive on the department.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    the police in Howard County, in Columbia at least, have SIG 226s in immaculate ****ing condition with night sights, no special stampings of any kind, just a regular SIG.

The day I found that out was the day I also found out that no matter how well you know a police officer, even if you are friends with his family, while he is on duty he will not allow his pistol to be out of his possession even for a second.

I realized this as he showed the gun to me, since he literally did exactly that, SHOWED it to me, in HIS hands.

I guess you literally have to be ready for shit to jump off at ANY SECOND.

Did da mean ole PoPo give you a butt hurt 'cause he wouldn't let you handle his gun?
    :lol:
    Wah... There are many firearms owners that will not let others manhandle their prize firearms. What this one does for a living most likely had ZIP to do with whether or not he put his gun in your hands.

chucks

Sep 30, 2010
    I have a 38 cal. S & W model 15 stamped TVA on the frame. (Tennessee Valley Authority police). I bought it used quite a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom