• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/07/31/george-zimmerman-stopped-for-speeding-in-north-texas/

George Zimmerman was lawfully carrying when stopped in Texas for speeding. You can tell these guys are used to it. He tells Zimmerman to put the pistol in the glove box, while he does so he calmly draws his sidearm and has at the ready, just in case. Once the gun is in the glove box, he holsters the pistol.

The LEO was calm and professional, very well done. This is how easy it is when everyone maintains a cool head and acts professionally.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Who cares?

"Drawing" a gun is typically associated with pointing it someone and giving commands. Not removing it from a holster like they do thousands of times a day without incident.

chris1205

Mar 25, 2013
    harford county
    Why do they always ask you where you are heading? cant you just drive your car? Do the police carry a list of acceptable places that you can drive too? Its like they are always fishing.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Why do they always ask you where you are heading? cant you just drive your car? Do the police carry a list of acceptable places that you can drive too? Its like they are always fishing.

Those pesky police...always trying to investigate and not take every stop at face value....

Jun 19, 2013
    Nottingham
    The band I used to play with was pulled over once in Millersville on our way home after a gig in Annapolis. When we told the LEO we lived in Parkville he said "You're a little far from home aren't yeah". I tried hard not to laugh. Must have been a rookie!.... It's like him saying "Oh you're from Baltimore eh?...I hear there's a lot of unsolved murders from up there..."

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I posted it mainly because of how professional the LEO handles it, but then in Texas you don't even need CC permit to have a loaded pistol in your vehicle, so it's no big deal to them.

This is in stark contrast to some of the stories up here when even a cased hunting rifle is spotted in a car.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I posted it mainly because of how professional the LEO handles it, but then in Texas you don't even need CC permit to have a loaded pistol in your vehicle, so it's no big deal to them.

This is in stark contrast to some of the stories up here when even a cased hunting rifle is spotted in a car.

:thumbsup:

Ive gotten a speeding ticket in TX...when I told them I had a concealed weapon they were basically unmoved by it...and gave me the ticket:lol2:

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Poor guy... Unfortunately he will be harassed, threatened and I am sure murder attempts will be brought onto him the rest of his life....However long that may be. I hope somehow he finds an area to live in which no one recognizes him.

Mj45

Feb 4, 2013
    What's sad is someone looking for him knows he is heading west and what make and model vehicle he is driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom