• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jstevens56

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2012
    Somewhere in Merryland
    Honestly, I don't see why everyone gets all riled up when people raise prices to make a profit. If no one bought at these prices then they would be forced to sell lower but people want to pay high prices so why make a big deal? I myself have done this time and time again with various hot ticket Christmas items, its how I make a few extra bucks. Would I like to find some ammo in stock at a reasonable price? YES. Am I going to be mad because someone bought 20K rounds to resell? No, if they have the money to invest and take a chance then good for them. /rant over

Kiev88cm

KB3ZKX
    Sep 24, 2009
    At least the Government is not fixing the price at $50.00 or adding additional sales taxes.......yet.

mrb2217

Jan 3, 2013
    The Isle of Kent, QA, MD
    I refuse to pay $50.00 for a 30 round magazine (assuming MD law allowed me to buy them) ;). Sorry just not a price I'm willing to pay, but if somebody else will pay that more power to them. I don't fault anybody for getting what they can get. I assure you, if I had 1000 of an item in high demand and stood to make triple what I paid I would absolutely sell it at triple the price. Nobody NEEDS a 30 round magazine, they WANT it. Let's not forget what we are talking about here. It's a gun magazine, not food, water, gas, electricity or other essential items. Just my $0.02.....

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Well it's someone I know knows a firearm dealer out in Nevada who is friends with an employee of magpul. They are working 24/7 to get mags out

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I know someone who knows someone who knows someone that works for magpul and I've been told that magpul is pissed at people doing this, so they are working 24/7 to pump out the pmags, in order to flood the market and drop the prices. Everyone in the chain is a reliable source

This would actually be entertaining. Id like to compare my $16 dollar mag to someone's $75 dollar piece. Of course, I could be empty handed and looking like a smacked ass too..... :o

1969sschevelle

Dec 28, 2012
    Lost Farmland County MD
    Well it's someone I know knows a firearm dealer out in Nevada who is friends with an employee of magpul. They are working 24/7 to get mags out

Alot of people would rather take the chance and buy now at 50 or whatever.That is their choice.They could of bought back when,but did not,also their choice. ( I would recommend waiting unless you have zip mags ) IMO

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    This would actually be entertaining. Id like to compare my $16 dollar mag to someone's $75 dollar piece. Of course, I could be empty handed and looking like a smacked ass too..... :o

Mine are bedazzled and are spraypainted Gold. I also licked them so they could be used a a weapon too because Im sick as a dog.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    A man walks into a store with a big sign in the window that reads: "Ice Cream Cones - $.25".

He orders a vanilla cone, but the clerk behind the counter says. "I'm sorry. We're all out of ice cream".

He walks across there street to a similar type store and asks for a vanilla ice cream cone. The clerk dips him out a cone, hands it to him and says, "That'll be $.85".

The man, miffed, says, "The store across the street only charges $.25 for an ice cream cone!"

The clerk replies, "Well, why didn't you buy one of theirs?"

The man says, "They were out of ice cream!"

The clerk replies, "Well, when I'm out out of ice cream, I only charge $.25 too".

".. That's Gold Jerry; Gold I tell Ya.."

:thumbsup:

mako263

Feb 15, 2008
    OK guys. These are 30 round pmags. I cannot sell them in Maryland. Being prepared is not a bad thing. The market place dictates pricing. Please view Gunbroker for what these are actully selling for. Thanks, Gus

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Here is another scenario: dealer sells them at what was the previous price, to be fair, lets figure in little inflation so he sells them for $20.00 each. At that price how many people would buy them (and in quantity) only to put them on Gunbroker that evening at $50.00 each. Who is the scam artist now. We all know this would happen. Market price is whatever the market can command. Capitolism at it's best

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom