Planning On Selling Ruger P95, Min. Price I Should Aim For?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ninety9Soulz

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
    Feb 23, 2013
    A lot of you guys have more experience with this stuff than me so hopefully I can get some insight. I'm going to a couple FFL's to sell a used Stainless P95. What do you guys think a reasonable selling price would be? My FFL had one for sale for $420, so I was thinking around $275? Or is that just a naive pipe dream lol...

It's in fine shape, a little wear on the rail, otherwise 99% shape with maybe 4-500 rounds through it. Just thought I should try and get this straight BEFORE I start haggling :lol2:

Last edited:

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    A lot of you guys have more experience with this stuff than me so hopefully I can get some insight. I'm going to a couple FFL's to sell a used Stainless P95. What do you guys think a reasonable selling price would be? My FFL had one for sale for $420, so I was thinking around $275? Or is that just a naive pipe dream lol...

It's in fine shape, no noticeable wear with maybe 4-500 rounds through it. Just thought I should try and get this straight BEFORE I start haggling :lol2:

For what its worth they are selling for $375 new on buds gun shop of course you would have to tack on the $60 dollar Transfer.

I am so tempted to tell you to meet me at the msp barracks instead. Also with a ffl you must rmemeber they are going to take a cut.

Honestly I think you are low. If it truely is in 99% you could probably pull $325 private sale of course that would mean waiting for the right buyer. The trouble you face is that this was a fairly common police favorite in the past.

Would you be interested in private sale ? Hit me on PM. Lets talk.

Ninety9Soulz

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
    Feb 23, 2013
    For what its worth they are selling for $375 new on buds gun shop of course you would have to tack on the $60 dollar Transfer.

I am so tempted to tell you to meet me at the msp barracks instead. Also with a ffl you must rmemeber they are going to take a cut.

Honestly I think you are low. If it truely is in 99% you could probably pull $325 private sale of course that would mean waiting for the right buyer. The trouble you face is that this was a fairly common police favorite in the past.

Would you be interested in private sale ? Hit me on PM. Lets talk.

Yeah it's got slightly noticeable wear on the rail, that's all I can find examining it. Trouble is I know pretty much NOTHING about private handgun sales in MD which is why I was thinking the FFL route.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    If you sell to an individual you can both go to a State Police Barracks, give your ID's and the seller pays them $10. You retain the gun until the check comes back, or the 8 days is up. I've never done it that way here but it seems pretty straightforward.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The usual rule of thumb is that a dealer will pay a price such that he can mark it up 50% for asking price in his case.

With new ones $375-400 , expect your to be marked low 300's in case. Thereby expect to be offered low 200's .

In normal times a private private sale low 300s . Right now there are people who will pay premium for an 8 day transaction instead of 60day from dlr.

cougar70

Jan 15, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Where in MD are you located?
    It would make a difference if you wanted to do a FTF sale at the MSP.
    If you go through an FFL, it will add to the buyers cost and they will want to then have a lower price.

Wish I had the cash to make an offer because that's one of the firearms on my short list before sb281 happens on 10/1

Brian
    -----------------------------------
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.” – Thomas Jefferson

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Not trying to get into a bidding war but if newq is not interested please pm me... I would be ... thanks

Ninety9Soulz

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
    Feb 23, 2013
    Oh OK awesome, I am talking to one potential buyer now, if it doesn't fall through then I will let anyone interested know. I'm learning a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom