• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    So I'm heading to one of the free states with my wife for a convention she is going to and figured I'd get in some range time when I'm not needed. Has anyone been to Columbus Ohio and been shooting. Indoor/Outdoor it doesn't matter. Indoor has it's benefits if I can rent a handgun or 2 to try out.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    So I'm heading to one of the free states with my wife for a convention she is going to and figured I'd get in some range time when I'm not needed. Has anyone been to Columbus Ohio and been shooting. Indoor/Outdoor it doesn't matter. Indoor has it's benefits if I can rent a handgun or 2 to try out.

Don't know about ranges, but the Gander Mountain in the Reynoldsburg area (east of the city) is well worth a visit. There is also a Cabela's up near Dublin, IIRC

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    Don't know about ranges, but the Gander Mountain in the Reynoldsburg area (east of the city) is well worth a visit. There is also a Cabela's up near Dublin, IIRC

What makes this Gander mountain so worth the visit? The last one I was in didn't wow me a whole lot. I didn't even think about the Cabelas. That may be on my stopping list as well.

Also planning to stop at the Pathfinder store (www.thepathfinderstore.com) but that will be a longer trip since its 2 hours outside the city.

anand14

Jul 24, 2012
    I lived in Columbus for 10 years before I moved to MD. The New Albany Shooting Range (NASR) is awesome and is one of the first modern ranges in Columbus, Ohio. Friendly staff and it is located in New Albany, a suburb of Columbus. It is an indoor range.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    What makes this Gander mountain so worth the visit? The last one I was in didn't wow me a whole lot. I didn't even think about the Cabelas. That may be on my stopping list as well.

Also planning to stop at the Pathfinder store (www.thepathfinderstore.com) but that will be a longer trip since its 2 hours outside the city.

This Gander, about 18mos ago, converted to almost solely firearms and clothing. At that point, they were outselling Cabela's.

Since then, they have added back fishing, camping, etc., but did not reduce their firearms selection. It's astounding. The folks there are knowledgable, friendly and most helpful. I make a point to stop there a couple times a year, just to talk with them and see if anything jumps off the rack at me.

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    I lived in Columbus for 10 years before I moved to MD. The New Albany Shooting Range (NASR) is awesome and is one of the first modern ranges in Columbus, Ohio. Friendly staff and it is located in New Albany, a suburb of Columbus. It is an indoor range.

This was one of the ones I looks at. Their website (nasr.com) looks decent and their prices seem reasonable.

Do you know anything about www.lepd.com?

This Gander, about 18mos ago, converted to almost solely firearms and clothing. At that point, they were outselling Cabela's.

Since then, they have added back fishing, camping, etc., but did not reduce their firearms selection. It's astounding. The folks there are knowledgable, friendly and most helpful. I make a point to stop there a couple times a year, just to talk with them and see if anything jumps off the rack at me.

You had me at "solely firearms" lol. My brother also likes the sound of it. Whcih is a plus since our wives will be busy he and I will be occupied with firearms.

anand14

Jul 24, 2012
    The LEPD range looks new to me, although it is inside the city and in a strip mall (where there is a Micro Center and a McDonalds). The website looks cool but it was not there whe n I lived there.

I liked New Albany; their prices are decent and they rent firearms as well. They also fixed my Ruger 22 for free when I had an issue.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Travel about 60 minutes north on I-71 to Ashland Ohio and Fin, Feather, and Fur.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Here is a link to ranges within 25 miles of Columbus:

http://wheretoshoot.org/Find_Range/wts_subresults.asp

Aim Hi New Albany Shooting Range, New Albany OH 43054-9751 [11.7]
    Black Wing Shooting Center, Delaware OH 43015 [16.1] * * * * *
    The Bullet Ranch LLC, Pataskala OH 43062 [18.8]

L.E.P.D. Firearms & Range, Columbus OH 43214 [0]
    Bill Moose Muzzle Loading Club, Darbyville OH 43204 [7.3]
    Ohio State Trapshooting Association, Grove City OH 43123 [12.3]
    Central Ohio Defensive Pistol League, Reynoldsburg OH 43068-1030 [14.2]
    Madison County Fish & Game, London OH 43140 [23.0]
    Mill Creek Hunting Preserve, Marysville OH 43040 [23.2]
    Airport Gun Club, Carroll OH 43112 [24.1]
    Circleville Police Department, Circleville OH 43112 [24.1]

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County

I travel out there almost once a month. Stay at Easton and drive over to New Albany. I'm gonna check this out. Thanks

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Some Gander Mountain stores are Gun Stores. All about firearms and hunting. There is one such in Charleston, WV, right near the Cabelas there.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick

I'm having supper tonight with a good friend who lives in Columbus. I'll ask him as I know he shoots on his lunch hour rather frequently and it is an indoor range near his home

---
    Shamr0ck

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    Thanks guys! I think I'm going to head to AimHi. The range looks really nice. I'll post some info after my visit. I am bummed they dont have the FNH FNX-45 to rent though. I really want to try that even though I already want one...in each color.

Oskerspap12

May 3, 2013
    Frederick Co.
    Howdy Y'all,
    About 30-35 miles north of Columbus is the greatest shooting complex I've ever been to.Its called the Cardinal Center,and is located in Marengo Ohio.
    This is a shotgun shooting complex with 2 fabulous sporting clays courses.
    Give them a holler...............I really think you'll like it..........I know I do.

D.P.Reynolds :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom