• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stevel Knievel

Feb 6, 2013
    The Universe
    Has anyone used Volquartsen parts to upgrade their 22/45? If so, can you give me your opinions and share pix? I have a Target 22/45 that I would like to upgrade with a better frame than the plastic one it came with. Thank you.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Head over to Rimfirecentral.com. You will see an entire section dedicated to the 22/45. I have added the hammer bushing to remove the mag lock. Now the mag drops free and the trigger is much better. There are a lot of guys over there that completely trick them out with VQ stuff.

22Shooter

Feb 5, 2013
    I love rimfiresports.com

I have the hammer bushing, trigger and assembly. I'd highly recommend their parts.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I have the Volquartsen trigger and sear (and a few other parts) in my 22/45. No regrets. They make some top notch stuff. I used the MkII parts on my MkIII to remove the mag disconnect. I also have a full Volquartsen MkII (Master's). The gun is a crazy accurate, but doesn't get much use from me these days.

Stevel Knievel

Feb 6, 2013
    The Universe
    Replaced the trigger, hammer, sear, hammer bushing, and all associated parts for Volquartsen. Would definitely do again.

Ruger22-45pewtergrips.jpg

That is a fine looking pistol. Is the frame stock? Is it a Target model? Where did you get the grips? Did they require some drilling if it is the Target model?Thank you and thanks to the others for sharing.

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    I also have one with the removable grips and have replaced the trigger, hammer and sear with the Volquartsen Accuracy group. It is a pleasure to shoot.
    My brother has one with the integral grips. These reportedly can be machined off and bushings placed so that the 1911 style grips can be used.
    I think that if you get into replacing the grip frame its going to be a whole lot more money, defeating the beautiful concept of having a $500 pistol that can shoot with a Mod 41 at less than 1/2 the price.
    DocAitch

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Replaced the trigger, hammer, sear, hammer bushing, and all associated parts for Volquartsen. Would definitely do again.

Ruger22-45pewtergrips.jpg

Did you have the wood or plastic factory grips? If wood, are you interested in selling them cheap (to me)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom