• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    After a month wait I finally picked up my Serbian Zastava CZ999 9mm. Very nice handgun for the money. Well built and feels nice in the hand. I also had a stripped AR lower waiting for me as well. Good day for me!!! and to top it off my wife bought me an Arsenal SAM7R rifle since I transferred my M&P9 to her. Can't complain. I wanted to have both to compare what is better, my VEPR or the Arsenal. Now the wait game to pick up the Arsenal.

Does anyone have any experience with the Zastava CZ999? Don't hear too many people talking about them. It looks like a Sig P226. Here's a photo of it.

Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    Well finally had the chance to take the CZ999 to the range. Unfortunately I had some issues with it. The first round fired and it chambered the second round but it wouldn't fire. Not sure why it was doing this but I felt like I should have purchased a better name brand pistol as I would not feel safe knowing it has issues firing. I bought the gun from Classic firearms and called them when I noticed the problem. They were great about the ordeal. Told me I could have a new one or a refund. I took the refund and hopefully I will be able to pick up a CZ 75 SP-01 real soon.

Brad

Mar 20, 2013
    Glen Arm
    Good luck finding a CZ 75 SP-01 for a reasonable price. I looked for awhile with no luck and settled on a CZ75BD. There were always a few on gunbroker but usually very inflated prices.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Well finally had the chance to take the CZ999 to the range. Unfortunately I had some issues with it. The first round fired and it chambered the second round but it wouldn't fire. Not sure why it was doing this but I felt like I should have purchased a better name brand pistol as I would not feel safe knowing it has issues firing. I bought the gun from Classic firearms and called them when I noticed the problem. They were great about the ordeal. Told me I could have a new one or a refund. I took the refund and hopefully I will be able to pick up a CZ 75 SP-01 real soon.

Just curious, did you field strip and clean up this pistol before taking her to the range?

Grey_Man

Feb 25, 2010
    Fruitland
    I was looking into these pistols a few weeks ago. They seemed very cool and good bang for your buck. That sucks to hear about the problems you're having with it.

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    I did a quick search on this pistol and found that it has been service with Serbs for about 20 years. It generally has a solid reputation.
    I suspect that the performance of this particular firearm is an outlier.
    Perhaps there was an ammunition issue?
    Also what Jimbobborg asked?
    DocAitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom