• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whodatpat

Sep 9, 2009
    College Park MD
    Well not a newbie to the county but a newbie to the Forum. I dont really have time to join andy shooting clubs or anything that requires active participation so this seems about up my alley as far as a place to get some gun related, info, advice and general BS.
    I shoot a Glock 34, Mossberg 22, and Remington 12 Tactical these days. But I regularly drool over the offerings out there.
    First order of business is to find someone who has gotten a CCL from FL and can coach me throught the steps. I will probably find that with a search wich is the next order of business. :-)

Patrick

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    greetings from washington county

there are several threads on here detailing the adventures of various members getting their florida non-resident permits. try searching for "florida ccw" in the search bar

edit: here's a start http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=3235&highlight=florida+ccw but there are other threads on here too. dig into em, post, keep asking questions. i'll be looking to tackle florida before long myself

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Welcome.
    Please join Maryland Shall Issue and become active so we can change MD's handgun carry permit law. We need more PG county activists to work at convincing state politicians like delegate Gerrond Levi to either be with us, or we will consider them against us.
    If we can change the political position of just one of the three most populated counties (and one unincorporated city) in MD to be pro RKBA, then we might get the majority in the GA.

http://www.marylandshallissue.org/

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    Hi Patrick,
    Welcome to the forum! I am in the process of filing for a FL ccw right now. The steps are fairly straight forward. Order an application from Florida, fill it out, and include the required documentation and $s. I just got fingerprinted at the College Park "Q" barrack this past Tuesday. The guy who did it was very professional and did a great job. He stopped to inspect each print with a magnifying glass, and re-printed two that he didn't think were good enough. The only other requirement that seems to pose a problem with some Marylanders is the training requirement. Some have used their MSP Firearm Safety Training card in the past with mixed results. You can read about it on other posts on this forum. If you have a hunter training certificate, you are golden. I did not want to wait for the permit processing only to find out that they did not want to take my MSP training card, so I took the NRA FIRST steps pistol safety course, and I just received the certificate which will certainly be acceptable to FL.
    Good luck on your permit, and welcome!

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    WOW. You actually managed to get printed at barracks Q? They gave me every excuse why they couldn't print me.

After 4 tries, I gave up and used their subcontractor (the UPS store on Rt 1).

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    Aha! A Saints fan, perchance? Welcome!

My daughter is moving back from the Red Stick - she graduated from LSU last semester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom