Petitions for stricter Gun control laws...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RLBosley

In Christ Alone
    Dec 14, 2012
    Middle River
    (I searched and couldn't find anything about this particular bit of info)

The White House petitions site has several new petitions begging the gov to step in and save us from the scary "assault weapons."

One petition already has nearly 53,000 "signatures", and the text is as follows

The goal of this petition is to force the Obama Administration to produce legislation that limits access to guns. While a national dialogue is critical, laws are the only means in which we can reduce the number of people murdered in gun related deaths.

Powerful lobbying groups allow the ownership of guns to reach beyond the Constitution's intended purpose of the right to bear arms. Therefore, Congress must act on what is stated law, and face the reality that access to firearms reaches beyond what the Second Amendment intends to achieve.

The signatures on this petition represent a collective demand for a bipartisan discussion resulting in a set of laws that regulates how a citizen obtains a gun.

Pathetic. While what happened today is obviously an atrocity, the gun isn't the problem... it's just a tool. The maniac wielding it is the problem.

Last edited:

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    How do these mental midgets think more laws will help when the killers already ignore laws against murder?
    Anyone who would kill large numbers of innocent people will obviously not give a damn about any new gun control laws.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    If they really wanted to save lives, they would pass a strict ban on crack and meth. Why hasn't anyone thought of that?

Oh, wait...

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I'll pose two scenarios.

The first is what happened today. A mentally ill person steals guns and kills many innocent children. A petition is circulated suggesting that limits on 2A is the solution.

The second, if he had no access to guns. The same mentally ill person steals an SUV, driving it through a crowded playground, killing many innocent children. A petition isn't circulated, because the 'instrument of death' in this case can't be blamed.

Then, what is the common denominator ?

The petition is misguided and naive. There are already a "set of laws that regulates how a citizen obtains a gun", and ALL of them address restrictions for persons with history of mental illness. So again, WHO is to blame, not WHAT ?

Let the hand wringing begin, long before the facts have been determined or the mourning has subsided.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    53,000 is a tiny number in the scheme of things. Nothing is going to happen. The House is still under control and there are enough Dem Senators who won by only slight margins that won't risk their seat on another AWB. If nothing else, the economic fallout from shutting down the firearms industry is a huge deterrent.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Yeah cause the guy that is already ignoring the laws of both men and god of thou shall not kill.... He is really gonna give a shit about a law that says he can't have a gun.

Bad people do bad things..... If anything the gun is actually a rather inefficient weapon for killing people... Aiming, pulling trigger, one victim shot have to aim again... Vs high explosive in the trunk of the car.... One trigger pull, many victims dead.....

Happening every day in the middle east....

adjusterr

Mar 28, 2011
    Indian Springs, Western MD
    Petitions for stricter Gun control laws

It was the State and Federal government that deprived the teachers in Connecticut the right to defend themselves and the precious children in their charge, shame on them.

RLBosley

In Christ Alone
    Dec 14, 2012
    Middle River
    53,000 is a tiny number in the scheme of things. Nothing is going to happen. The House is still under control and there are enough Dem Senators who won by only slight margins that won't risk their seat on another AWB. If nothing else, the economic fallout from shutting down the firearms industry is a huge deterrent.

I agree that 53,000 is a small number of people, but to me it's appalling that so many people signed such a ridiculous petition in less than 12 hours...

Speaking of which, the petitions are pretty much useless anyway. Several have over the 25,000 signature requirement that is needed (7 or 8 asking for secession and one to recount the election) and the WH just ignores them.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes

Given a POTUS that calls 3% a mandate and decided to tear down our health care system because less than 10% of the population did not have or chose not to have health insurance, 53,000 is a significant number to begin his attack on the 2A.

I don't think OWS had 53,000 sleeping in the streets and look at the damage they did to the national psyche regarding those evil 1%ers.

Old Salty Dog

Ultimate Member
    Nov 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    I agree that 53,000 is a small number of people, but to me it's appalling that so many people signed such a ridiculous petition in less than 12 hours...

Speaking of which, the petitions are pretty much useless anyway. Several have over the 25,000 signature requirement that is needed (7 or 8 asking for secession and one to recount the election) and the WH just ignores them.

They won't ignore this one because it fits their agenda.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative

The White House picks and chooses which ones to address or ignore. Completely subjective.

I suppose it's understandable that people would pile on like this, but it's just too fricken soon.....

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    Why is no one talking about the 54,000 men, women and children killed in automobile accidents each year? It's time we did something about this. With such easy access to cars people will continue to die. Only police and military should be able to own cars, everyone else should have to take the bus.

I'm going to start a petition, who's with me?

ih8hippies

hippy apocalypse?
    Apr 24, 2011
    Odenton
    typical knee-jerk reaction

I like how the petition mentions "laws that regulates how a citizen obtains a gun" - isn't that the case now?

I'm so tired of that term "assault weapon". What's the difference between a weapon & an assault weapon? Does a standard weapon have less assault capabilities?

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    typical knee-jerk reaction

I like how the petition mentions "laws that regulates how a citizen obtains a gun" - isn't that the case now?

I'm so tired of that term "assault weapon". What's the difference between a weapon & an assault weapon? Does a standard weapon have less assault capabilities?

Yes. The blackness makes it killier. Wood is friendly.

:sad20:

The logic of the EBR banners is that silly.

The White House picks and chooses which ones to address or ignore. Completely subjective.

I suppose it's understandable that people would pile on like this, but it's just too fricken soon.....

Agreed, given the POTUS's comments in his press conference. His obtuse comment about wanting to pass new laws regardless of politics is IMHO alarming. I would anticipate a new wave of anti 2A legislation.

His use of this latest tragedy because such young children where involved may provide him with the political support he needs to get something passed.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    According to Mike Huckabee on TV a minute ago, we already have a law.
    It's called "Thou shalt not kill"

I agree

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    I had a picture on my Facebook wall about the number of gun murders in countries around the world. I wasn't going to point out how low the populations were compared to the USA but then I saw one of the countries listed was West Germany.... He got a tactical facepalm for that one.

fjm0008

Jun 27, 2012
    Arnold
    I am sick to my stomach thinking about the parents of these children and even more nauseated about the anti gun people who think that passing any law would have saved these kids. How about taking one law away that prevents these teachers from being able to protect their students with concealed carry. Connecticut is in my top 5 list of the dumbest population who think that the police will protect them. Lets see how the gun free zones are working, the sign must have not been up and visible when this 20 year old nutcase is trying to one up Aurora or Oregon. Gun Free Zones that I recommend you don't visit-Virginia Tech, Columbine, Sandy Hook, Colorado theatres, Utah temples. This punk and the rest of them were smart enough not to pick a police barracks, military base, gun range, where would be dispatched quickly. FYI to the reporters: Calling a rimfire .223 a "high powered rifle is pure sensationalism and dumb reporting but a ordinary powered rifle just doesn't sound good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom