Petition for referendum on Nov ballot against new...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Let's wait until it actually happens before we consider this.

We need to focus all our energy on preventing it from passing.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    But we need to be planning our next three steps. If we can not get ahead of these things then we will continue to be playing catch up.

Wise words generally speaking, but there's only one step to be concerned with at present: keeping HB579 from becoming law. There is no sense in expending time/resources on something that 1) might not prove necessary and 2) would be unlikely to succeed in the first place.

Eyes on the ball, ladies and gentlemen. More emails and phone calls!

http://actionmail.ksconline.net/
    http://www.msa.md.gov/msa/mdmanual/06hse/html/com/05jud.html

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Lets remember a few important things:
    1) The current administration gets to reword the ballot question however they want. Do you think they'll let any suggested pro-gun language slide, or will it be "Should training be required before carrying a gun, such as to prevent needless murders such as Trayvon Martin?"
    2) We're in Maryland.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I agree we need to focus on stopping HB 579, but the anti 2A people are always looking down the road. We also need to think about what we will do if we fail to stop this bill from becoming law.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Wise words generally speaking, but there's only one step to be concerned with at present: keeping HB579 from becoming law. There is no sense in expending time/resources on something that 1) might not prove necessary and 2) would be unlikely to succeed in the first place.

Eyes on the ball, ladies and gentlemen. More emails and phone calls!

http://actionmail.ksconline.net/
    http://www.msa.md.gov/msa/mdmanual/06hse/html/com/05jud.html

We need plan A,B,C contingencies. We need to plan 3 moves ahead and be ready for surprises like HB579 beig Hijacked and come up for contingencies for that as well. The Domestic Enemies can take their victories where they find them but we need to be ever vigilant.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    We need plan A,B,C contingencies. We need to plan 3 moves ahead and be ready for surprises like HB579 beig Hijacked and come up for contingencies for that as well. The Domestic Enemies can take their victories where they find them but we need to be ever vigilant.

Assuming the current version on HB 579 passes, I think we can safely assume the [eventual] expansion of the new requirements to what are currently non-regulated purchases. We've been talking for months how hunters, paper-punchers, and the like are generally apathetic to our concerns. This may be exactly what is needed to get them activated.

Another likely target for MD (and potential asset for us, utilized properly) are the state's gun dealers. Attacking them brings up a possible Federal case, as they are, after all, FEDERAL Licensees.

There are avenues to consider... but I agree that our primary focus right now is to kill the current activity.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008

I agree; but on the flip side, think about people's attention spans.

My fear is getting people worked up on this and loosing focus on HB 579.

Just trying to be free
    Jan 21, 2012
    I will spend a large part of the day tomorrow sending faxes. Emails are good and I have done that alot since friday with different subjects, not just HB 579, but asking why they cannopt focus on the state budget and getting the deficit under control rather than wasting time on things like HB 579 which do nothing for Public Safety in the real world? My point is a real danger to Public Safety is when the deficit is so bad, they have to start laying off cops and emergency services--that is a real public safety issue in stead of wasting time trying to penalize honest, law abiding citizens with stupid laws like HB 579. now it is the time for the fax to supplement emails......we need to attack this from other angles than just that of "gun enthusiasts". We are tax payers after all.

if you have time and have the ability, add faxes to the list. Snail Mail while it may be more "weight carrying" just isn't gonna work here.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom