• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Considering the people running it have publicly said they would abandon it if it got on the ballot, it might be a blessing.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I agree!! I still find it amazing people were pushing to have it signed but then in the same breath say they can not help with it.

The expectation wasn't to win, just to get it on the ballot to delay implementation of the law and force the other side to fight it. Now the other side can spend that money on other things, like countering the DINO movement, banning more guns next January, pushing gun legislation in other states, and in Bloomberg's case, who knows what?

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    The expectation wasn't to win, just to get it on the ballot to delay implementation of the law and force the other side to fight it. Now the other side can spend that money on other things, like countering the DINO movement, banning more guns next January, pushing gun legislation in other states, and in Bloomberg's case, who knows what?

Yep, PHASE 2 coming soon - the theatrics continue (or is it PHASE 3?).

Last edited:

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    Whether or not you agreed with the referendum route, this is a good thing. We can at least stop bickering about it and unite as a community.

tjv4163

Jun 27, 2012
    21234 city side

this can be argued till people are blue in the face... now hopefully the NRA does the lawsuit, When asked they said they didnt know when they would file.....

Hopefully they were just waiting to see what happened with the petition.

Don'tTread13

Dec 19, 2012
    Yeah, the problem with the petition is that it would have delayed everything, including the ability to file a lawsuit. The law would be difficult to challenge preemptively. Any suit stands a much better chance if a plaintiff can show actual infringement of his or her rights.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

We'd have to spend money to make them spend money. There is no money out there to be spent on it. It is estimated it would cost about $20 million to run correctly. Forcing the other side to fight it would be useless. They are much better funded than we are. We don't have any billionaires sinking money into pro-gun efforts to my knowledge. The other side has a couple I think of.....
    this can be argued till people are blue in the face... now hopefully the NRA does the lawsuit, When asked they said they didnt know when they would file.....

Hopefully they were just waiting to see what happened with the petition.

The lawsuits will be filed once the law goes into effect. They cannot be filed before. As far as I know, suits will be filed in October. I have heard nothing to the contrary.

semper000

Mar 24, 2009
    Why do they keep quoting this guy Vincent DeMarco. Every news story interviews him and I think what a tool bag. What is he a MOM pawn? I would dare to say this dude has never held a firearm in his life and would cry if you step on a bug.

Smagel

Hey, hey, my, my
    Jul 20, 2011
    Freddy's Store
    Why do they keep quoting this guy Vincent DeMarco. Every news story interviews him and I think what a tool bag. What is he a MOM pawn? I would dare to say this dude has never held a firearm in his life and would cry if you step on a bug.

I think you answered your own question. :innocent0

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom