• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yme

Platinum Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    I have some ants in the house and would also like to get some termite prevention done. Anyone does that here?

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    I worked pest control years ago. To get rid of the ants you have to kill the source. Buy the bait stations the worker ants take them back to "nest" to feed the others including the Queen . They take about 1-2 weeks to work but are effective. Also ants in the house are looking for food and water try to eliminate crumbs or any type of water source they have access to. Termites need to be done by a professional. Why do you need termite work done? Do you even have them or are you looking for preventative maintenance? Newer homes are treated at time of build.

gentner8

Short Bus
    May 4, 2010
    @screamingeagle:

Any recommendations for carpenter bees? They are tearing up the trim on our house, and I don't have $400 to give orkin. I'd pay a pro, but I think that's crazy high....

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    @screamingeagle:

Any recommendations for carpenter bees? They are tearing up the trim on our house, and I don't have $400 to give orkin. I'd pay a pro, but I think that's crazy high....

Unfortunately there is not much I know of that works before the fact. We had a powder bulb we shot powder"insecticide" in the holes they already bored. I have heard of people using a pump sprayer with water and some hot sauce and or vinegar on wood trim, they don't like the taste but as soon as it rains it washes it away. Painting or varnishing will discourage them from boring into your trim also.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    I thought this thread was about defeating politicians at the ballot box.

Morpheus

Apr 18, 2013
    @screamingeagle:

I work as a pest control tech in central MD. The best thing for carpenter bees is to caulk the holes they make in the wood so they won't come back, or stain the wood with a high oil stain. They hate the taste of stained wood and they will avoid the area altogether

gentner8

Short Bus
    May 4, 2010
    They have already done enough damage to where I will be replacing the wood. I'm just trying to make sure they stop at the facia, and don't get into my gable. Thanks for the tips everyone.

I used some of the ortho home defense wasp spray, and it seemed to work so far. It foams up, and hopefully went up into the holes. I will see the result after the rain passes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom