• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Anyone know where to get online or in a shop a black powder, cap and ball pepperbox replica? I wonder how much they cost and someday in the distant future I may buy one.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I always loved Pepperboxes, ever since I played Clue as a kid, and saw the picture of the "Revolver" card.

Some people don't understand the desire to collect old, unique, or otherwise interesting firearms. I think they're fascinating, as I'm sure you guys do as well. Anyone ever been to the West Point museum? I have. Don't go unless you want a chubby the whole time you're in there... lol...

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I always loved Pepperboxes, ever since I played Clue as a kid, and saw the picture of the "Revolver" card.

Some people don't understand the desire to collect old, unique, or otherwise interesting firearms. I think they're fascinating, as I'm sure you guys do as well. Anyone ever been to the West Point museum? I have. Don't go unless you want a chubby the whole time you're in there... lol...
    I was speaking to an old friend of mine on the phone the other week that I haven't seen in years.
    I was telling him about all the cool new, interesting and historic guns I got since I last saw him. He suddenly sounded concerned and wondered if it was healthy to have such a fascination for guns and asked me why I am so enthralled with them.
    I was like "DUDE, you collect antiques, militaria, old coins and bizarre old and foreign paper money. It is no different fer cryin; out loud!".

I swear, some people are just stuck in the guns are evil and bad mindset and so are people interested in them. I guess the anti's propaganda has been having its effect over the past 40 years.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I remember once when my gf first saw me load one of my pistols. She got all freaked out, like suddenly things had just gotten a lot more dangerous. I said "watch this" and decocked the hammer. I put the pistol on the table. After it sat there for a little bit she's like, "what's the point?"

I said, "exactly. It's an inanimate object. Just like anything else a person would collect. It may look dangerous but as long as your finger isn't on the trigger (and the mechanisms are in good working order) it's not doing anything."

Her perceptions about guns changed pretty quickly after that. You can always link www.assaultweaponwatch.com to your anti-gun or anti-"AW" friends to prove they're not that dangerous. ;)

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    I remember once when my gf first saw me load one of my pistols. She got all freaked out, like suddenly things had just gotten a lot more dangerous. I said "watch this" and decocked the hammer. I put the pistol on the table. After it sat there for a little bit she's like, "what's the point?"

I said, "exactly. It's an inanimate object. Just like anything else a person would collect. It may look dangerous but as long as your finger isn't on the trigger (and the mechanisms are in good working order) it's not doing anything."

Her perceptions about guns changed pretty quickly after that. You can always link www.assaultweaponwatch.com to your anti-gun or anti-"AW" friends to prove they're not that dangerous. ;)

Speaking of this I decided to start a new thread about when is it a good time to tell a potential mate that you are a gun nut. It can be found here:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=57240#post57240

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    I said "watch this" and decocked the hammer. I put the pistol on the table. After it sat there for a little bit she's like, "what's the point?"

I said, "exactly.

I did the same thing with my girlfriend ...she got freaked out and i did exactly what you did and put on the table in a safe direction and left the house for a couple of hours ..

when I got back, I asked if the gun has fired ?

after that, she has been confortable around me with it ...:party29:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Today, my dad was over cleaning the house some. I had my CZ-75 holstered on my belt. He said "I HOPE that thing isn't loaded!!!"

I said, "What's the point of having it on me if it's not loaded?"

He just gave me a disparaged look... lol

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    Not to get back onto topic years ago "good" ole Sportsman's Guide used to have a handfull of unique BP hand guns. They had a Pepperbox, a Duck's Foot, a Dagger/Pistol and one or two others I can't remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom