Pennsylvania CCW Permit (processing time)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I am with you PJ its really embarrassing. You know my story. Approximately 135 days to get my disapproval from MSP. The record reflects that other than the initial investigation (about two weeks in) MSP didn't do anything other than provide the written decision that didn't even state a basis for the disapproval!

My wife and I met our relatives, and co-business owners (business in PA, WV and OH), in Deep Creek, MD over the New Year weekend. They all had their PA and WV permits, issued promptly by their respective states, yet none of us could exercise our fundamental right. When I told them I had been recently denied by MSP, and that I need Maryland before PA will issue me a non-resident, they all looked at each other and said what the hell are we doing here in Maryland, and why do you still live in this state? Deep Creek is beautiful, but take a guess where our next retreat/meeting won't be.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Hi
    Ok so sorry if this question has been asked before. Is their anyway to get a non resident ccw permit for PA? Once again please forgive me if this has been asked before. I do have my HQL as well. Thank

If you have a permit from your home state then yes, if not you're SOL.
    I'm not even sure what non resident permits are good in Pennsylvania anymore either since the AG there squashed so many recriprical agreements for other states non resident permits.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Yeah, about par for the course. I grew up in Indiana, PA and will have a permit, if we ever get relocated from Laurhell to western PA. Spoke with an elderly cousin a few days ago and she related how she'd purchased a pistol for her husband for Christmas, AND that he'd immediately applied for his CC and received it.

But, if and when the condition exists, I don't intend to leave home unarmed under any circumstance. Won't break any freekin laws, but I will travel safely!

Lew--Ranger63
    US Army (Ret-'84)

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Yeah, about par for the course. I grew up in Indiana, PA and will have a permit, if we ever get relocated from Laurhell to western PA. Spoke with an elderly cousin a few days ago and she related how she'd purchased a pistol for her husband for Christmas, AND that he'd immediately applied for his CC and received it.

But, if and when the condition exists, I don't intend to leave home unarmed under any circumstance. Won't break any freekin laws, but I will travel safely!

Lew--Ranger63
    US Army (Ret-'84)

Coal Miner? Where my father was born, his dad and half dozen uncles all miners. Use to have great photos of them coming from the mine, but evil sis got them.. lol

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I am with you PJ its really embarrassing. You know my story. Approximately 135 days to get my disapproval from MSP. The record reflects that other than the initial investigation (about two weeks in) MSP didn't do anything other than provide the written decision that didn't even state a basis for the disapproval!

My wife and I met our relatives, and co-business owners (business in PA, WV and OH), in Deep Creek, MD over the New Year weekend. They all had their PA and WV permits, issued promptly by their respective states, yet none of us could exercise our fundamental right. When I told them I had been recently denied by MSP, and that I need Maryland before PA will issue me a non-resident, they all looked at each other and said what the hell are we doing here in Maryland, and why do you still live in this state? Deep Creek is beautiful, but take a guess where our next retreat/meeting won't be.

7 Springs is just across the border. PM me if you'd like info

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Out of curiosity, why not just go to the sheriff's office initially. Can't you just go do the paperwork and pick it up at the same time? I'm not nitpicking,just trying to figure out the best way to get mine if I end up getting a MD permit. What's the benefit of mailing if you have to pick it up in person?

The York County Sheriffs Office DID at one time offer same day service... but at the time they were doing about 300 per month. The last time I renewed mine, I had to go the "mail in the app" route. When I went to get the permit, I talked with the Deputy about this. He said they are now up to over 800 permits per month and simply do not have the time nor manpower to conduct every interview while the people wait.

Also, IF, as a Maryland permitted person... you get a Penn. CCW, your Penn CCW is NOT valid if your Maryland CCW expires or is revoked/suspended. The Penn is dependent upon the life of the Maryland permit.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Just picked up my PA permit. Less than 15 minutes flat including putting money in the meter and walking back and forth and security check at the main door.

York Co. Sheriff's Office guys (and gal) were super friendly, joking around, seeming like they like their job and don't hate the residents of their State.

They have a one page document you are required to read and sign that details how they will revoke you if you don't provide a color copy (front and back) of your renewed permit prior to expiration.
    I read about this in the other thread, it's definitely official now.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    $20 bucks and 14 days total (only because I couldn't make it up there until today), otherwise it would have been 7 calendar days FLAT start to finish.

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    I need to move back to PA !

Apparently due to increased demand, some PA county permit processing times are suffering significant delays. As reported by one Western PA county's website.

pa1.jpg
    pa2.jpg

The last time I was in this Sheriff's Office, it took almost 15 minutes.
    The nerve to expect one to wait two hours... Tourrider says sarcastically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom