• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roscoe69

Dec 18, 2012
    Wasn't sure there was such a word! Anyway, my wife works at a local lumber/hardware store and after listening to me preach about the possible impending doom for us, she has been asking her clientele about the issue; unfortunately the answers that stick out the most are " I don't really care if they ban handguns and those assault rifles as long as they don't take my hunting shotgun!" she told them ; what if they come to get that too? " well I guess I'll have to give it up, I mean you can't stop the Government!" its sad, but Obama, Fienstein and O'Malley are banking on "Passivity" to get what they want. All I know is my son and I are going to Annapolis Feb.6, if for no other reason but to be in the damn way!

Ross

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Wasn't sure there was such a word! Anyway, my wife works at a local lumber/hardware store and after listening to me preach about the possible impending doom for us, she has been asking her clientele about the issue; unfortunately the answers that stick out the most are " I don't really care if they ban handguns and those assault rifles as long as they don't take my hunting shotgun!" she told them ; what if they come to get that too? " well I guess I'll have to give it up, I mean you can't stop the Government!" its sad, but Obama, Fienstein and O'Malley are banking on "Passivity" to get what they want. All I know is my son and I are going to Annapolis Feb.6, if for no other reason but to be in the damn way!

Ross

She can direct them to the SB281 pamphlet on the MSI site. That might scare'em.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Yea, i went to an AGC range in Marriotsville, HoCo and 80% of those old geezers had no idea what was going on. So much for seniors being the most involved politically. Apparently it's only if it involves getting smaller social security checks. And after I explained to them what was going on, all they said was "well, it's good I already bought everything I need, you should have been preparing." Well, sorry you old fart, I haven't had 40+ years of an income to work with. Stupid bastards.

I don't know what "old geezers" you spoke to at AGC, but I and every other "old geezer" I know at AGC is well aware of what is going on and many of us are attending the rally on 2/6. Are you? And did you pull the 80% figure out of an orifice that should only be used for evacuating waste? Please don't make idiotic generalizations from talking to one or two people out of the many people, old and young, who frequent AGC. :sad20:

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Guess I am lucky in the sense that my local IWLA club is full of older folks who are pretty up on what is going on in Annapolis, and on the national front with respect to the AWB, and anti 2A assault in general.

Outside of that, most folks I know who are not gun owners would seemingly be perfectly happy if the govt banned every firearm except LEO and military (for now..) for the safety of the children, along with banning FOX news because they are mean to Obama, ban Rush Limbaugh because he is mean to Obama, and ban the Republican party because they don't allow Obama to fix the economy, lower unemployment, and give everyone free everything from cradle to grave as long as those crack people and criminals are kept out of their communities and schools except in limited doses to celebrate diversity (but not too much..). /s

Pretty much sums up my experience here in MoCo.

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    Apologize for the rant. Just what I heard from a couple of the guys running the range, in the front office. Just really pissed me off, that that was the mentality that was being taken. Shouldn't have been speaking for the whole.

My second quote was edited, poster was not being a jerk, just pointing out that the first poster may be a troll.

This is to inform you twerps...............I'm retired, I collect Social Security, I EARNED IT! I'm a proud believer in the Second Amendment that I took an oath to back in '68. I will fight these ***** gun grabbers with every fiber of my being.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    This is to inform you twerps...............I'm retired, I collect Social Security, I EARNED IT! I'm a proud believer in the Second Amendment that I took an oath to back in '68. I will fight these ***** gun grabbers with every fiber of my being.

The 2nd guy you quoted is on your side, no?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

Are we not allowed on the grass in the front yard too? :rolleyes:

I'm kidding guy. Thanks for the reality check.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    SPREAD THE WORD ... and have copies of the SB281 brochure in hand

I had this same conversation with a hunter who was at Fegan's Taxidermy prior to the MSI meetup yesterday. His words were "I'm against gun control, but we've got to do something about those 'assault weapons'.

When I gave his a copy of the SB281 brochure and asked him if he owned ...

• A semi-auto rifle with a thumbhole-stock ... BANNED
    • A slug-gun with a pistol grip ... BANNED
    • A handgun with a magazine holding >10rds ... BANNED
      and asked ...
    • Are you ready to register ALL of them ?
    His response was, "Chit, that's not what they're saying on the news". My reply, "Spread the word brother because we'll ALL go down together if we don't stop it NOW."

bobnieder

S&W Fan
    May 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Just geezin' through with a handful of MSI pamphlets to pass out at work -- yeah, work, this "geezer" will be working in his 70's trying to keep enough income coming in to live on with the pittance Social Security will supply. At 64 I'm going to be in Annapolis to help the rest of the geezers and a few "whippersnappers" to testify against these travesties of legislation on Wednesday -- see you there!

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I had this same conversation with a hunter who was at Fegan's Taxidermy prior to the MSI meetup yesterday. His words were "I'm against gun control, but we've got to do something about those 'assault weapons'.

When I gave his a copy of the SB281 brochure and asked him if he owned ...

• A semi-auto rifle with a thumbhole-stock ... BANNED
    • A slug-gun with a pistol grip ... BANNED
    • A handgun with a magazine holding >10rds ... BANNED
      and asked ...
    • Are you ready to register ALL of them ?
    His response was, "Chit, that's not what they're saying on the news". My reply, "Spread the word brother because we'll ALL go down together if we don't stop it NOW."

I just ask why they think sniper riles will be exempt. Then they say all I have are BOLT ACTION SCOPED rifles for Hunting .. Most of the time they figure it out for themselves. Also when looking at guns I ask to see the Sniper rifle :)

It really does open some eyes and in the end minds to whats going on.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Originally Posted by sajidakh
    Yea, i went to an AGC range in Marriotsville, HoCo and 80% of those old geezers had no idea what was going on. So much for seniors being the most involved politically. Apparently it's only if it involves getting smaller social security checks. And after I explained to them what was going on, all they said was "well, it's good I already bought everything I need, you should have been preparing." Well, sorry you old fart, I haven't had 40+ years of an income to work with. Stupid bastards.

It's best to identify one's target before shooting off at the mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom