• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Ok time to be that guy again.......

My sole job right now with my department is robberies. 75% of all robberies are force and violence/strong arm (whatever you want to call it). The other 20% are stick up boys robbing drug dealers and 5% is random armed robberies.

I think your a little over cautious in your behavior. I don't remember if its u or Tom that is a combat medic but a lot of fatal wounds don't bleed. What if that woman had been stabbed? Shot? I went to the scene of a shooting the other day and the man had a 40 lodged in his chest with no blood.

I COMPLETLY understand being cautious especially since your a former LEO, to the best of my knowledge but the chances you were about to be robbed were around 1%. I hate to use family but it hits closer to home so I'm going for it. What if that was your wife in dire need of a large mans assistance?

I hate to sound rude but I equate your thought process to ban guns because they are crime tools. I make that correlation because u are using a very small minority to justify your actions such as our law makers are using right now.

I understand this isn't the 40s anymore where helping a fellow man for nothing in return but the satisfaction of knowing you did what was right but what you just posted has me believing you lost faith in humanity and by that token if you ever get a headache don't take an aspirin who knows what kind of crazy employees Johnson and Johnson employ. Don't turn your house lights on electricity has been known to start house fires.

Maybe I just value human life more than most.....I dunno.

I can appreciate the "be aware" aspect of your story but we are creating this be scared in the world you live in attitude that isn't necessary.

+1

I thimk the correct way to handle is to first assess the environment to ensure your saftey / confirm that this is someone in need of help then to act. Verify then act.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    If she had been stabbed I figured the only ride she would want was from an ambulance. She was obviously not in medical distress.

Had I been by myself about the only thing that would have changed is that as she came to the front of my car I would have immediately moved to the rear of my car. I know I would do this because it was my habit during my time on the job. Putting cover and a physical barrier between the threat and me.- George

You called it right. I am sure the body language was wrong_-- you will know real fear you will smell it. Its hard to describe in writing but if you watch the eyes you can tell. Pupils in particular.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom