• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve973

Enthusiast
    Feb 7, 2012
    Howard County
    I just got my parts from PapaSierra today. They were very well packaged and they looked absolutely flawless. I dug right in and removed the spring off of the stock plastic guide rod and installed it onto the new one. That was only a few minutes of work and the result was great. It fit right back onto the gun as if it was born there, and the movement is slightly smoother.

Then I pulled out the trigger group and disassembled it for the first time just by feel and intuition. Everything came apart easily, and then I had to look up some instructions to get it back together. Getting the trigger back in along with the bolt lock was a HUGE AND INFURIATING PAIN IN THE ASS! The spring sits on the trigger and a link piece precariously, and you have to fit it way down into its notch and keep an end of the spring elevated so that it sits on top of the bolt lock. You need to do this without allowing the spring to pop off, and it's under some tension so it wants to come right off. Let me tell you, it's a great feeling when you can put the pin back in.

I don't know if I will get a chance to shoot it this weekend and adjust the trigger, but it already feels better. The parts were a tad expensive, in my opinion, but they are perfectly made and they fit as well as stock parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom