• Yes

Votes: 36 92.3%
    • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Abellmio

May 17, 2011
    I bought a PSA 20" upper over Christmas, and it's been flawless. Runs steel cased ammo like a champ, and the finish is great.

Dfence52

Apr 2, 2012
    I was in columbia, SC 2 weeks ago and decided to stop in PSA and the people that work there are very friendly and knowledgable they went out or their way to help. I was so impressed that I did a little research and bought a complete 16" carbine upper yesterday to put on a spikes complete lower. just my $.02
    Kinda funny how the shift button is so small but it can make a 14'8" difference. Has anyone had trouble with PSA lowers being out of spec?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The only issue I've had with a PSA lower (other than cosmetic blemish), was a roll-pin hole I had to just slightly open up to get the roll-pin started for the trigger guard. Other than that I've had pretty good experiences with PSA.

That could've been either the lower, or the LPK I chose.

Dfence52

Apr 2, 2012
    I heard from a gun shop owner that they are sometimes out of spec. Wasnt sure if that was just a sales pitch to get me to buy the spikes lower or not. Figured I couldnt go wrong with spikes anyway so I bought it instead.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    No experience with their lowers, but all of the ones that I've seen look like lowers.

A lower is a lower is a lower.

PSA's uppers are good values, though, if you know what you're looking for.

ETA:
    I also like how the poll isn't even a question.

TheEvilZX2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2011
    I bought my PSA lower last time they were on sale for $49.99. My first AR build, and I havent had a single problem with it. I just regret not buying more. Oh well, theres always next time.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I heard from a gun shop owner that they are sometimes out of spec. Wasnt sure if that was just a sales pitch to get me to buy the spikes lower or not. Figured I couldnt go wrong with spikes anyway so I bought it instead.

Every maker can have an off-day and have a 'OOS' (out of spec) item slip thru - every single one, from Olympic to Colt - not one maker has a perfect record.

A lower is a lower is a lower - pick a roll-mark and price you like, and get building. ;)

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    We've transferred a few Palmetto lowers and they seemed fine. We carry the Palmetto State Armory Carbines and all have been good (lower wise) as far as we have been able to tell. The WORST finishing and machine work on lowers we've seen to date has been Colt 6920/6720 lowers. The ones we've been seeing have gnarly machining. The DPMS Sporticals at half the price are nicer! :sad20:

At $50, they're an awesome deal, although they take a while to ship anything. At $80 there may be better deals out there for a "house brand" lower, but they're not a bad lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom