• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • killborn

Jun 24, 2013
    Crownsville, MD
    This thread is like Ground Hog day, except it pops up every three months... same story as the last five years.

Sorry to hear they're customer service sucks but this is certainly nothing new.

Clearly I would not have started the post if I had known that their service sucked or that a similar threat had been posted before. Having not ordered from them in the past, I had an issue, I created a thread. Had I known their CS sucks, I would not have ordered. I did learn from this experience and will move on. Clearly several other folks on this thread agree that PSA are lacking in the service department as well as with their lack of support for gun owners in MD.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    FWIW - I ordered a complete upper on 07/27/14 and UPS attempted to deliver on 08/01/14 (not home though :sad20: )!

Got it yesterday.

For the OP, sorry you had a negative experience.

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    Placed order for AR trigger parts kit from one of the advertised sale items August 10, 2014, 5:30 PM. Ready for pickup for UPS at PSA 08/11/14 3:00 PM. Delivered to my doorstep today, 08/13/14, 12:20 PM.

Not the first time I've ordered from them, but definitely the fastest. And that was a sale item. I'm beginning to think ammo and uppers are handled by a far different process.

-Whitey

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    the only problem i had is when i ordered ammo on 7/11 and it didn't show up until 8/4. that was no bueno, i called them and they "fast tracked it".

all of my previous orders have been shipped no more than 3 days after order placed

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    the only problem i had is when i ordered ammo on 7/11 and it didn't show up until 8/4. that was no bueno, i called them and they "fast tracked it".

all of my previous orders have been shipped no more than 3 days after order placed

I had 2 orders as well 7/11 7/12 that took several weeks and several emails to get shipped. It appears orders from late June through late July had a lot of shipping problems. The excuse I got was a new inventory system was giving them problems. It appears more recent orders are processing in a reasonable time frame.

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    I had also seen the comments on the new inventory system when I was looking at items last night. If they can fix the "inventory system" and more reasonable shipping times they'd snag a large portion of the AR-15 market. I've been happy with everything I've received.......just not usually quick.

-Whitey

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    If you want low prices then order it from PSA. I personally have had no real complaints from them except the shipping. But understand they do a lot of business but only work regular hours. On the otherhand if you want it fast then order it from MidwayUSA. Their shipping department works 24x7. Often times I have ordered things in the middle of the night and had their shipping department send me an email that it was on the truck that morning.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    I had 2 orders as well 7/11 7/12 that took several weeks and several emails to get shipped. It appears orders from late June through late July had a lot of shipping problems. The excuse I got was a new inventory system was giving them problems. It appears more recent orders are processing in a reasonable time frame.

yeah the lady on the phone said it was the system requires all ammo and firearms sales going to MD need to be "hand screened" to make sure they don't ship to Annapolis or MoCo, as per their company policy.

i didn't get annoyed until 3 weeks after order because i expected it to take that long, but i purchased 15 boxes of 556 and some rifled 12 guage slugs for 101 bucks shipped (free shipping weekend)

i don't expect anything from PSA to show up at my door for 2 weeks, and I'm okay with that for the rock bottom prices. if i needed it now id pay retail or buy it on amazon and get it 2 day shipped for free. (its amazing how many gun related objects are available on amazon)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I have placed a couple of orders from Anderson Manufacturing (make lower, upper, and all sorts of AR parts).

My last order was for a 10.5" upper. It comes with no BCG or charging handle, but they also had the BCG on sale, so ordered that. Sunday evening. I called Monday morning to ask them to headspace the bolt to the upper. I was told they would be happy to do so, at no charge, and test fire the combo.

It shipped THAT afternoon, arrived on Wednesday.

$295 for upper, $80 for M-16 BCG.

I see NO reason to shop PSA.

thanatron

MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2012
    I have purchased several uppers from PSA.. wait time has always been no more than 15 days. Their customer service reps are active on ar15.com and have always responded to shipping and order status questions asap.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    What I don't like about Palmetto is that one can't leave any comments or instructions at checkout time (online ordering). For example, if you don't want something shipped out until a certain date, there is no way to give these instructions. Primary Arms has a comment section, when checking out.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Waited on hold 30minutes. Then they take forever on the phone to tell me that "all Maryland orders have to be double checked for compliance". I ordered ammo, not an sbr! She said some places in MD cannot receive ammo. Didn't know that...guessing Body-more may have issue. Can anyone confirm?

PSA is prolly going on my shit list with Troy and CTD. In other news midway is really earning my business back....new free shipping policies and better pricing. All new- I'm the last few weeks.

Apparently they refuse to ship ammo to Annapolis or Montgomery County.

This is odd, because I'd purchased a boatload of ammo from them in the past. They seem to be basing their reluctance, in MoCo anyway, on some local law that was pre-empted years ago. I sent them the info about this, (which was kindly and promptly sent to me by NRA-ILA), in hope that they'd correct their policies, but I haven't bothered ordering from them since. I doubt they have changed anything.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    I never had an issue with psa i have ordered ammo and gun parts never had an issue. The time each time was 1-3 weeks. Longer wait was for an upper during the panic...

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I never had an issue with psa i have ordered ammo and gun parts never had an issue. The time each time was 1-3 weeks. Longer wait was for an upper during the panic...

Based on your experience, do they always ship by UPS or do they use USPS as well?

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    they usually ship Ups to me, I've ordered a number of things from them and have never had a problem, they might not be the fastest, but I've always gotten my order

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I've been happy with everything I've ever ordered from PSA. You can't beat their deals on uppers. Just got a complete blem upper for my dad at a fantastic price and there wasn't a scratch on it anywhere.

JohnK

Feb 10, 2013
    I have read some Palmetto State Armory trashing so I wanted to contribute my positive comments about PSA. I have ordered several times when PSA had ammo specials. I was very pleased with the prices. I didn't know there were any issues with order processing speed because my orders came promptly. On December 23rd I placed my last order. My order was just shipped on January 2nd. This is the longest delay that I have experience, but I'm glad that PSA employees were able to celebrate Christmas with family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom