• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I think that's called a straw purchase. :innocent0 Why not just have the VA FFL order it?

Not a straw purchase because I'm the one filling out the Form 4473 and am also the end user.

Edit: And the FFL will order it for me without an additional fee, so that makes it way easier.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I don't know how it is a straw purchase if the person who ordered it never fills out the paperwork?

The person who orders it in that case also isn't taking possession of it. All that person is doing is having it sent to an FFL. Then, the FFL does his thing with it.

Juche90

May 10, 2014
    Nice update. I hope they extend this policy to their PA-10 rifle too. ....... Just wondering if someone has perspective on the PA-10/AR-10 situation as well.

Bollinger had a deal on PA-10 lowers a while back, seems like they have a relationship with them.

Feb 28, 2013
    I think that's called a straw purchase. :innocent0 Why not just have the VA FFL order it?

That ain't what I would call a straw purchase. It's not if the one intended to take possession of is the one getting the NICS check.

Good idea on the VA FFL, though. Big Dog's would probably be glad to help, and they know what's legal here.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    This is good news, but by the time you pay the transfer fee and shipping you're way better off to just buy from an IP and get some mags as well, IMHO.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    This is good news, but by the time you pay the transfer fee and shipping you're way better off to just buy from an IP and get some mags as well, IMHO.

I was just doing the calculation. 100% agree. And you still have to go fishing for mags. A LOT of places won't ship to MD residents regardless if OOS.

Get one from an IP. Your time is running out.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I'd like to hear from the ones that have purchased VZ2008's from PSA and how they performed on the firing range. How many had malfunctions, if any?

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    OT, would a V2008 from PSA be any different than one from a local IP?

$380 for the rifle, $17 shipping and $15 to transfer is $412. If local is $500 OTD, you're saving $88. Only good if you already have a bunch of mags or can find them for less than $29 each. Or if you like waiting two to infinity weeks to get one. :lol2:

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Well, I tested them. Placed an order on the 6th. Got an auto-confirmation after I placed the order. I got an email from then this morning:

Hello,

The firearm you ordered is authorized but the Magazines cannot be shipped due to state restrictions, please call or email us to verify you still want this purchase without the magazines. Your order is on hold until we hear from you.

NOTE: There will not be any change in costs, no substitution of magazines, nor will we ship the magazines to another state.

Please respond by email or phone within 5 business days to resolve/complete your order.

Thank you

Compliance Department

Palmetto State Armory

211 Business Park Blvd

Columbia, South Carolina

Phone: 803-724-6932

Fax: 803-788-7979

Compliance@PalmettoStateArmory.com

Looks like they might actually ship.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    My VA FFL ordered mine this morning. Let's see how long before it arrives. Fortunately, I can walk right down the hall to pick it up once it does and test it out on my lunch break by going downstairs to the range.

Tito

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I'd like to hear from the ones that have purchased VZ2008's from PSA and how they performed on the firing range. How many had malfunctions, if any?

I have two, and purchased my second from PSA. Bone dry out of the box. Added lube, and it works flawlessly. No canted sights.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Perhaps it was "modified" by this company?

dEF1SYF.jpg

That made me laugh out loud. :lol2::lol2::lol2:

Jim Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom