• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RollTide

Dec 31, 2010
    Greenbelt
    I just got my P38/P1 in the mail. Its a postwar with the alloy frame. I picked on with the lug and extended slide serrations. I hope I made the right choice. From what I read online it seems that lug was put there to strengthen, or create a stronger wear point. I know I should have pics post but the only digital camera I have is a phone and the pic really sucks, maybe when my roommate wakes up I will use his. Anyone have any experience with these. I thought they were about the size of a CZ82 but its actual physical demensions match my 45acp XD with the longer barrel. It is however lighther than both the cz and XD

RollTide

Dec 31, 2010
    Greenbelt
    I got it from Wideners. There pricing right plus you could choose between with or without the lug and with or without the extended slide serrations. It cost me 369 and that includs 2nd day air. I was on the fence for awhile because it seems like alot for a surplus gun sight unseen. But its a neat looking gun

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Wow! They must have backed off shipping costs. I called on the pinned, long serrations and was told about $40 bucks shipping for C&R.
    Thanks for the info.

RollTide

Dec 31, 2010
    Greenbelt
    I was nervous when I ordered. Online it shows Prepaid shipping on all of them But when you go to the one with pin and long serrations it says at the bottom "o1ffl prepaid shipping, 03ff 2nd day at customers expense." So I wasn't sure but when I called the guy I talked to took care of it. I have ordered from them before and they have been honest of there descriptions so I used them again.

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    They are awesome shooters. Just one word of caution: check the extractor to make sure it springs back and forth before you shoot it. A couple of us had flying extractor events, and the thinking is that the plunger spring was jammed with cosmo/gunk and allowed the plunger and extractor to fly out.

Enjoy it, I love shooting mine.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    :D

Attachments

• yawn.jpg
      yawn.jpg
      43.7 KB · Views: 120

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    I just got my P38/P1 in the mail. Its a postwar with the alloy frame. I picked on with the lug and extended slide serrations. I hope I made the right choice. From what I read online it seems that lug was put there to strengthen, or create a stronger wear point. I know I should have pics post but the only digital camera I have is a phone and the pic really sucks, maybe when my roommate wakes up I will use his. Anyone have any experience with these. I thought they were about the size of a CZ82 but its actual physical demensions match my 45acp XD with the longer barrel. It is however lighther than both the cz and XD

It sounds like you got the one with all the enhancements. :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom