• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stever

Jan 7, 2009
    harford county
    My Sig p220 22lr has a reoccuring problem. The ejector keeps sliding back out of it's channel, causing failures. Any suggestions on tightening this piece up? It uses two peened areas on the side of the chamber/barrel. The first one will keep it from completely falling out. It will clear the second and then pivot back and forth usually missing the fired casing causing a FTE.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Basically you have 2 choices, send it back to sig, or stake it, clamp the barrel onto a leather covered block, line up the ejector to extend1.1" from the breech surface of the barrel and stake it with a staking punch.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    LAX....consider me STUPID. I saw 22LR and thought immediately about my SIG Mosquito, not the P220 shooting 22LR. I apologize profusely. I know I am getting old, but this was really dumb. But, that's the thrill of BEING old - you can screw up and nobody notices most of the time..........

stever

Jan 7, 2009
    harford county
    Basically you have 2 choices, send it back to sig, or stake it, clamp the barrel onto a leather covered block, line up the ejector to extend1.1" from the breech surface of the barrel and stake it with a staking punch.

Ugh!

I used a punch and moved some metal onto the ejector. Hopefully it holds. I can't pull it out with my hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom