Owe'malley Facebook page- please counter the anti gunners!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Posted a plea to my people of color and all Americans that their civil rights are at risk if they do not fight O'Malley and SB 281

jhartmac

Jan 7, 2007
    Virginia/maryland
    alll OVER HIM

Joseph Harting Mr. O'Malley, we already have laws to stop criminals, and you know this, the problem is the misinformation. We the people are not looking for knee jerk responses constructed in law that prevent law abiding citizens from owning the firearms of any kind. You know also that you can never legislate against a human being wanting to murder another human being. If we are speaking of public safety where does the safety ideology stop? Do we ban any cars that exceed 50mph? Do we ban speed boats? Do we ban anything that is currently legal that has the potential to take lives? That would be a long list sir. There is talk about Assault weapons and high capacity magazines, most of us know that a firearm is firearm, regardless of configuration or how it "looks" We talk about the reasons for hunting purposes as if that had anything to do with 2nd amendment, it does not. We do not need firearms just to hunt, we are guaranteed the right through the intention of our constitution. High capacity magazines? Again I should have the right to purchase them for my weapon of choice I am not breaking the law, they do in fact have a sporting purpose and a self defense purpose. I do not want anymore restrictive laws about firearms. Lastly we all do not have the luxury of police protection, most of the people in the state legislature have carry permits, have police protection live in the better areas is this socio-economic class separation now? You are about to loose citizens and businesses that the state of Maryland needs that will in fact start leaving if these new prohibitive laws pass. You already have this issue now with many many leaving, its leaving a payroll tax deficit to the state, can you afford more?

stovepipe

One Man Wolfpack
    Feb 12, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    My contribution:

Dear Governor O’Malley,

I am a proud lifelong resident of the state of Maryland. I am an avid outdoorsman and I enjoy hunting, fishing and many other outdoor activities including various shooting sports. I was raised with a strong understanding of what a great responsibility handling and shooting a firearm is and safety is always my #1 priority. I chose to accept that responsibility and I have had a love for firearms ever since. I am very passionate about firearms history and the role they have played in protecting our county’s freedom and its citizens from all threats both foreign and domestic. I do however also understand that not everyone feels as strongly about firearms as I do. Most of those same people would probably enjoy shooting if they were taught basic safety and firearms handling first and then and only then went out shooting. Most people fear what they do not understand.

I am proud to live in a country in which I have the right to own firearms as a law abiding citizen. Due to recent tragic events, much discussion has been brought about regarding the future of that constitutional right. Please understand that by writing this letter, I don’t intend to discount those recent tragic events and other similar events. It seems as if many people of power are however using those same events to push forward personal agendas in order to gain notoriety or further their career. Background checks and waiting periods were set in place to help eliminate unwholesome people from purchasing firearms. I do understand that no system is perfect and guns do end up in the hands of those whose interest isn’t as pure as the everyday law abiding citizen. The fact is that criminals don’t follow the steps necessary to lawfully purchase firearms. I just don’t understand how introducing more firearms restrictions toward law abiding citizens will help reduce these tragic events from recurring. Make the penalties for criminals stricter and the crime rate will go down. If you hold people more accountable for their actions they will make better decisions.

As a tax payer I personally feel like the money and effort that would be spent toward further restricting firearms on the broad spectrum would be better spent on task forces to help get illegal drugs and guns off the streets. A lot of discussion has come about regarding mental health and gun ownership after the recent events. I feel that the medical community needs to be held more accountable regarding these issues. We are living in a time where many have fallen on hard times. Whether it be someone who lost their job, a soldier that returned from war and has experienced PTSD, or someone who is just simply going through depression. Too often these situations are being treated with medication alone instead of trying to get to the root of the problem. Then that person becomes dependent on the medication and it creates another obstacle they have to overcome when it becomes time to come off of that medication.

I find it offensive that you and many of your peers seem to underestimate the intelligence of the average citizen. Claiming that hunters and sportsmen won’t be affected by this proposed legislation is a horrible mis-statement. It is simply an attempt to win over those who you feel are less educated than yourself. The fact is that people know their rights and won’t stand idly by when those rights are being threatened. This should’ve been made blatantly obvious by the sheer number of people who came to Annapolis yesterday February 6, 2013 to voice their opinion. These people were only a small fraction of the people who share the same beliefs.

I have refrained from contacting you until this point because quite frankly I felt that it would simply be a waste of my valuable time and effort. I changed my mind however, because I realized how important it is to exercise my constitutional right to have my opinion heard. Please understand that I am an active voter and I WILL NOT show support on the ballots to you or anyone who shares your viewpoints.

Respectfully,

Stovepipe

Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    Argh, I've avoided Facebook like the plague, no more. It's time to put my disdain for social networking aside as this is obviously the best medium to fight this. Time to make an account.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    I posted to MOM's facebook page a few days ago and a few antis have commented on it, one of which is my ultra liberal Obama-bot uncle, who has a massive crush on Owe'Malley. Anyway, I have these anti's handled pretty well, but if you guys want to come in and totally crush them, be my guest.

http://www.facebook.com/MartinOMalley/posts/10152556434630393?comment_id=38827067

That comment thread should be visible to anyone friends with MOM, maybe even my anyone at all since MOM's profile is public.

I love the fact that I can call for support from MDS. We crushed that MoCo sponsored "idea" website, too!

1BADI5

Are we there yet
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft Meade AOR
    I'm having so much fun with OweMalley's BookFace page........so many dumb citizens with a keyboard.......thankfully I'm armed with facts and a keyboard too LOL

Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    Ok, just created a FB account, how do I add O'mally as a friend? More importantly do I want to....or just visit it everyday just to bust chops?

mh53gunner

Dec 17, 2009
    He posted this a little while ago on his FB

What utter BS!

I have been posting on his FB page and linking the comments to my FB page. I have had several people email or tell me that their post have been removed from FB.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    I went back this am and looked to see if any of mine had been deleted. and they haven't. I'm not just posting on his page though, I'm posting on his "misinformation" post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom