• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Now, if they DON'T meet out-of-state but say that they did... That's their own business.

And that was pointed out to you that it is illegal. Your opinion that it's someone else's business doesn't make it ok and advocating even in general terms is bad IMO.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    And that was pointed out to you that it is illegal. Your opinion that it's someone else's business doesn't make it ok and advocating even in general terms is bad IMO.

Bingo. We don't tell people to do stupid things and violate the law. Last thing we need are people losing their gun rights in stupid ways and getting dragged through the media whilst doing so.

Obeying the law is a pain in the butt, but until we change or invalidate the laws it's what we have to do.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And some person telling LE or the court that a guy on MDS said it was ok because "it's their business."

Bad advice is bad advice, no matter how it's portrayed.

MDS doesn't need the bad publicity no matter how small the possibility may be that something might happen.

Rules is rules.

Jul 9, 2013
    That's fine. You MD boys sure do have a funny way of doing things. Forget I said anything.

thekob

Mar 15, 2013
    Columbia, SC
    Just wanted to say thanks to all you guys, the trip went well. I left the FAL and the full sized AR at home but brought the pistols and the 22LR AR. Introduced some cousins to shooting as well...it was a lot of fun.

Regarding the uncle I figured I'd better talk it over with him first and bring some mags up next trip if he wanted them. He said he was going to buy some mags on a trip to DE in a week or two. He also fell in love with my AR Lula loader, so much so that I bought him one as a "thank you" gift for staying with him and found out right before I went to mail it up that he had went out and bought one already!

Nokas

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    Bring your uncle some 11+ round mags for a gift. We can't buy them in MD but we can bring them in from out of state.

AFAIK we have buy 20,30 round magazines but still we can only have no more than 10 rounds in those magazines. Anyone know for a fact whether that is true or not?

Nokas

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    No such limitation on rounds loaded in current statute.

29906171001_2147515566001_vs-51132bb9e4b0ce61c399fb73-86366016001.jpg

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    that likely refers to the law changing the what capacity magazines can be legally sold in MD (the law dropped it from 20 to 10), not the possession or use of legally-owned magazines that exceed that limit

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Don't bother to bring guns to MD. Just bring a bunch of really big duffel bags. That way you can try to smuggle your family and maybe a few others out of the Peoples Republic of MD and into America. :D

Nokas

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    that likely refers to the law changing the what capacity magazines can be legally sold in MD (the law dropped it from 20 to 10), not the possession or use of legally-owned magazines that exceed that limit

Okay I hope you're right because I wanted to go out of state as per police officer's advise and buy higher capacity magazines.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    Okay I hope you're right because I wanted to go out of state as per police officer's advise and buy higher capacity magazines.
    if you look at the way the law is written, they simply changed the former restriction (over 20 rounds) to the current restriction (over 10 rounds). nothing else changed.

so if you used to own legal over-20-rounds magazines prior to this law, legal over-10-rounds magazines work the same way: you can have them and you can use them, but you're not buying a magazine from a Maryland store with a capacity of over 10 rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom