• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I wish there was a way for me to say thank you to the families who helped me with their generous gift. I have had 7 back surgeries and two neck surgeries. I have received quite a few bone grafts from donors. The doctors tried using bone grafts from my pelvis and ribs. The bone grafts from the donors worked out a lot better for me. God bless the donors and their families! They have enabled me to put my life back together.

I am on the list to be an organ donor. If I am dead and someone can be helped by my body parts, I want them to have them. Otherwise they will rot in the ground and do no one any good. I also got on the bone marrow registry with the red cross to help out leukemia patients. I hope one day I will be a match so I can help someone.

While I'm an organ donor now and can appreciate the potential good that can come from it, when States do stuff like this it makes me want to change my status. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be an organ donor but I don't want (or need) the State to decide for me. Asshats.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Are you kidding me...

I want to donate organs but after watching the harvesting of a friends fathers body..... Not so sure. Taken, PVC pipes inserted for bones, no choice for daughter whonthoughtbit was only critical organs not bones, tendons, eyes, etc, I get time sensitive but it was basically down to 2/3 of skin left, fat, muscle, and brain.

It was ugly in a time of grief

circadia

Jan 19, 2013
    Arbutus
    WTF? This bill is insane. I'm an organ donor, but if it passes, I will definitely opt out. I'd still be a donor, I'd just do it by having my family okay the donation of my organs after my death, not by having the state lay claim to them.

Auckland

Get On My Horse
    Apr 6, 2008
    The Dena
    It's a huge deal to me. I don't want my body touched after I die. I don't want an autopsy done, I don't want to be cut up. I also don't believe in transplants. I don't want anyone's organs in my body.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I am not owned by the state. I own me and if I choose to donate my organs to help someone else after I am gone, that is my decision as my organs and what to do with them should be up to me and or my family. We are people. We are not cattle, or hogs or chickens to have all the parts used and sold after we are butchered. Our organs are worth something, our surviving family should be paid something if we are willing to allow them to be used.
    In third world countries people sell kidneys to help them have enough to live on, in worse conditions organs are harvested from people who are murdered for the purpose. Organs are valuable, the state cannot just take them.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    If this does in fact become law, this is how I am going to respond to this outrage:

I am going to remove my authorization for organ donation, from my DL.

I absolutely, totally support organ donation, however -

I absolutely, positively ABHOR government intrusion into my personal life, and government encroachment on my personal rights.

If and when a relative or close friend is sick and needs a transplant, I will amend my will and medical care directives to allow any organ donations that might help them, if I should I die, but that's it.

F*** this nanny-state BS, and the control freaks who think they own us.
    Tyranny continues to surface in the Maryland Legislature!

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    It's a huge deal to me. I don't want my body touched after I die. I don't want an autopsy done, I don't want to be cut up. I also don't believe in transplants. I don't want anyone's organs in my body.

****Nobody is talking about putting THEIR organ(s) in your body - they are taking your organs after you die, are about to die, think you are getting better but doc says you are gonna die, etc...

I can certainly think of some people I wouldn't mind having my organ(s) in but I would hope they were still alive, after some fine wine, dinner, mebbe a movie with Chuck Norris, etc.. :lol2:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Autopsies are decreasing, and along with that decrease is a diminishing ability of physicians knowing exactly why and how their pts died. This is not a good thing.

I used to be paranoid about the State taking my organs for someone it deemed more important than myself. Now that mine are old and withered, I no longer care.

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    Are you kidding me...

I want to donate organs but after watching the harvesting of a friends fathers body..... Not so sure. Taken, PVC pipes inserted for bones, no choice for daughter whonthoughtbit was only critical organs not bones, tendons, eyes, etc, I get time sensitive but it was basically down to 2/3 of skin left, fat, muscle, and brain.

Jimbob,
    Actually they are not using PVC pipe anymore. Too much toxic smoke put out. Gotta save the environment you know. Now it is hard cardboard tubes. Actually, you have a choice of what will be removed. They have to get it in writing as to what is to be done.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Are you kidding me...

It's not something you soon forget. I have seen it a couple of time.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    No one has mentioned who pays for keeping all these people on life support while they do the paperwork, match recipients, do the procedures, etc. Do you want your family to foot the bill? Of course it will just come out of your estate, but I believe it comes out before the death taxes.

Blacksmith101

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    'warning-liver not suitable for use by others' is what I should tatoo somewhere?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

It's possible that getting a tattoo would render you unfit to donate, but I'm not certain. It does leave you open to some nasty diseases.

sooner

Mar 26, 2011
    Montgomery County
    Rich liberal guy says to the doc
    "Hey doc I'll give you $100,000 if you can find me a new heart, liver, etc, right away."
    Later on doc says to new patient's family, "I don't why your loved one is now brain dead but, since he's an organ donor he can live on in another person. We can harvest his organs and you can say good by before we pull the plug"
    Doc calls rich liberal guy and says
    "Send me the check, I got you a new heart"

Just sayin

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom