• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    'Medic , its not really a problem. If you're happy with O'Donnell , you can continue to vote for him in Gen'l Election. In a state where many races don't even have a R candidate at , it would be very rare to have two electyable Reps run against each other in a Primary.

But meanwhile voting in Dem Primary is the only way to have an imput for Gov , Liut Gov , or AG .

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Think of it as an undercover spy mission.

...or parachuting into France in the pre-dawn early morning hours of June 6th.

Brilliant idea to change parties if you live in a solidly Democrat area - help vote out those incumbent members of the party who have never read the Constitution or choose to ignore it! I switched two months ago after being a registered Republican for 35 years. Once the spells of nausea stopped, it wasn't so bad.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    So I went downstairs and asked my lib Mrs and her college guy media pal why is Montgomery Co full of democrats. They said

* They are big on public education and other social services, and they have the high income to pay the high taxes to pay for it. Many want to send their kids to top public schools and not private schools. The schools are magnets for like minded people.

* (I rephrased this comment from the guy talking about his family and friends) A lot of Montgomery Co (Potomac, Silver Spring, etc) is populated by people with a certain religious affiliation who are liberal democrats.

* The less well-to-do get freebies

Also, are many of the huge numbers of nonDOD federal employees democrats supporting big government / continued employment?

I just looked at the Dem and Rep websites. Which do you think looks more appealing to someone trying to make up their mind which way to go

http://www.democrats.org/

http://www.gop.com/

My wife's friend said that in 1972 when Nixon won by a landslide, MD was one of the handful of states that went for McGovern.

I think we need, as some have said here, to focus on the numbers and running candidates and decide where to get the most bang for our limited bucks.

Multi page doc: http://www.elections.state.md.us/press_room/documents/PG12/PrecinctRegisterCounts/Statewide.pdf

Ouhuzo

Mar 2, 2013
    If you changed parties, does that mean you have to tear up your GOP card, or can you still be a dues-payer?

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    'Medic , its not really a problem. If you're happy with O'Donnell , you can continue to vote for him in Gen'l Election. In a state where many races don't even have a R candidate at , it would be very rare to have two electyable Reps run against each other in a Primary.

But meanwhile voting in Dem Primary is the only way to have an imput for Gov , Liut Gov , or AG .

Frosh wants to run for AG - DINOs can vote against Frosh, a registered R can not.
    And your vote counts twice :P ; the first time because as a DINO your vote can make a difference, and the second time, because you can vote Against Frosh.

If Frosh wins as AG, he gets to define how laws are interpreted in Maryland, and becomes the incumbent.

Will you be willing to say to yourself and others:"I am OK with his winning, because I did not want to become a DINO. ?"

Last edited:

StickerLT

Jul 26, 2012
    Frederick County
    Frosh wants to run for AG - DINOs can vote for against Frosh, a registered R can not.
    And your vote counts twice :P ; the first time because as a DINO your vote can make a difference, and the second time, because you can vote Against Frosh.

If Frosh wins as AG, he gets to define how laws are interpreted in Maryland, and becomes the incumbent.

Will you be willing to say to yourself and others:"I am OK with his winning, because I did not want to become a DINO. ?"

This^^^^

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Alright, I did it. It took a while, but I finally hit the final "submit" button.

I feel like such a dirty little bitch.

MH

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Pro-Gun, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Church-Going, Benefactor Life Member NRA, Union Member (really mandatory where I work), Politically Active - Vocal, and now a DINO. I'll scare the Hell out of them!

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    Just signed my wife up. We're both Dinos now.
    Maybe converting some others soon.

MH

Did mine last night online- Easy as pie!! Now to drag the missus to the keyboard, since she said she would never lower herself to go into the election commission and change to Dem in front of all those biddies in there. Especially since it took me until last year to get her to register at all... When she did, she proudly wrote in Republican, voted for Newt... I said DAMN...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom