• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I never thought it could be done...

My G26 was willed into being a carbine without creating any matter to do so...
    The power was in my hands all along...

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I never thought it could be done...

My G26 was willed into being a carbine without creating any matter to do so...
    The power was in my hands all along...

:lol:

God forbid you shoot a rifle one handed, you just made a pistol from a rifle.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    What of those derpy chin braces?

ATF: "That's a stock! Illegal SBR!"
    Guy: "It's not! I'm chinning it."
    ATF: *grumbles and re-writes statue in purple crayon* "See?! No chinning!"
    Guy: "Rats!"

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    question....since this is only an open letter, nothing has changed yet right? they would have to make it law for it to be enforced, right?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Nope. Anything said before on the matter by the ATF is null. Read the second to last paragraph.

The pistol stabilizing brace was neither “designed” nor approved to be used as a shoulder stock, and therefore use as a shoulder stock constitutes a “redesign” of the device because a possessor has changed the very function of the item. Any individual letters stating otherwise are contrary to the plain language of the NFA, misapply Federal law, and are hereby revoked.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    question....since this is only an open letter, nothing has changed yet right? they would have to make it law for it to be enforced, right?

The federal courts for the most part defer to agencies to interpret the regulations they issue. IRS, DOT, EPA doesn't matter. Unless congress passes a law to force their hand to change a regulation, the reg says what the agency says it says. Different agencies have different ways to issue these interpretations, 'revenue rulings', 'private letter rulings' by the IRS, 'office of the chief counsel interpretations' when you are dealing with the FAA. The ATF has designated the chief of the technical division to provide the rulings, so when it comes to defining what a reg says, yes his word is the final one (until someone goes to court and an appeals court says otherwise).

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Also NO SBR stamps being approved in MD at this point. Please dont start the thread on Trusts, or what might be next, or send letters asking too much, it gives ideas. Just my opinion.

Amen to that...but you know someone out there will not be able to resist the temptation.

Last edited:

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    I never liked the brace but I use it for interstate travel w/NFA items w/o travel form...... congrats to all the people who never bought one because of looks :-)

Now just waiting on MD/NFA branch to figure out what they're gonna let us do so I can SBR the lower I bought 2 month ago waiting in the safe.

In reality we are going to do what we always do..... we're going to wait, and we're going to see how small they make the hoops for us to jump though.......we are going to jump through them, and we are going to do what it takes to follow the law in a responsible manner.

Kevin

Manager at Duffy's
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2013
    Sparks, MD
    There is no upside, so I don't want to say that, but at least my 9mm AR pistol with the sig brace is still legal in that configuration. I cannot legally shoulder fire it now? That's really, really unfortunate.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    No, you better wait til you start to see the 'WHOOHOO they finally got their chit straight at the ATF!' poppin up everywhere.. LOL

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    This makes me lose respect for firearms laws in general. It's all done seat-of-the-pants and half the time what they say contradicts something else they previously said. There are millions of those braces out there and this will not be enforced. I'm not going to flaunt it and look for trouble, but I won't be changing the way I use my brace (however that may be :innocent0).

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    As an aside, will MD approve SBR sign offs now? Can I make one through a trust? Or are new ones being manufactured a no go in this state still?

If I had the money (and I don't), I'd be building my empty lower into a pistol. As for now, I'll just have to wait. Which sucks because bad things happen when one hesitates.:sad20:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This is what happens when you ask for clarification time after time. Keep poking the bear and you get f*cked.
    Just another reason why the ATF and NFA need to go away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom