• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Unless OT, will plan to attend for a while . Presumably it is important for maxium turnout at 12:00ish ? Too long to stay for whole thing on a work day.
    But seriously, we NEED turn out. Three digit turn out. Signifigent three digit turnout. Sub 100 turnout from a leading statewide group is a counter productive sign of weakness.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    This will be our first also, we are looking forward to it. Short of an emergency, we will be there.

I've spoken to several folks about this rally and how important it is to have support for self defense at this critical juncture in our State/Nations history. I've emailed about another dozen. A good friend of mine is trying to make it down from Delaware to stand in the rally. I'm bringing an extra holster to lone if someone needs one, was that necessary/needed at the other rally's?

One of MSI's EM's spoke very eloquently and passionately at last nights Berwyn Rod&Gun Club meeting specifically about this rally. A couple members stopped by to hear more and pay their respects to Rambling_One. I vote him real president of the real US, hope we get it back.

Last edited:

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    who is there that can make a difference--politician-wise? who is there, in office, that can make a difference? i know the citizens will be there, but WHAT and WHO are the law-makers that are going to be there to enact a difference in our state laws? just askin...

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Hey Joe -

who is there that can make a difference--politician-wise? who is there, in office, that can make a difference? i know the citizens will be there, but WHAT and WHO are the law-makers that are going to be there to enact a difference in our state laws? just askin...

The most important attendee is Joe citizen. S/he holds the key as to what our elected officials do for the people and against the people. If and when all the fence sitters decide they've had enough, things will change. Imagine a 1000 citizens at the CCW hearing instead of 10. I don't know how else to explain it.

Martian

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 15, 2007
    PG Co.
    The most important attendee is Joe citizen. S/he holds the key as to what our elected officials do for the people and against the people. If and when all the fence sitters decide they've had enough, things will change. Imagine a 1000 citizens at the CCW hearing instead of 10. I don't know how else to explain it.

Yes--the key is showing both numbers and passion for our rights. When we show up in force, things change. When the numbers grow, the antis eventually back down. We saw in the 2010 legislative session where a democrat-sponsored civil immunities bill finally made it past both Frosh and O'Malley (they wouldn't pass the many republican-sponsored or 2A-friendly democrat-sponsored ones this year or in previous years).

Numbers talk, and when we show we have an unabating passion, others around us finally listen and come over to the light.

weeman

Oct 2, 2009
    Can someone please post directions to the stadium? I have only been there once and I wasn't driving. I am coming from Baltimore area. Thanks in advance.

Lostfantum

Ultimate Member
    Nov 27, 2007
    Middle River, Maryland
    I97 South to RT 50 East to Rowe Blvd toward town stadium will be on right. Got ot 2nd traffic light (Taylor Ave)turn rightlook for signs for parking. The parking lot is on the back side of stadium.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    ------------------
    Self defense is a fundamental human right. The expectation that property is more valuable than life makes no sense to me, but such is the current law in Maryland, contrary to the law of the land in 40 states now. The right of self protection is supreme, over any property or political status. To think differently seems criminal to me. I'm intentional omitting the Second Amendment issue, "... the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

So now I support Maryland Shall Issue (MSI), if you feel the same way, please join us next Saturday, 17 July at Annapolis at the waterfront, at noon. Bring an open holster if you have one, I'll bring one for you if you or a family member don't have one handy.

Since the recent Supreme Court decision is so fresh in our Maryland legislators minds, now is the time to stand up for your right of self defense.

http://www.marylandshallissue.org/index.php?categoryid=41&p2_articleid=47

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom