• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Yeah! When I see that it makes me think guns are 'ok' now as long as your not dangerously teaching.

Speaking of commies, I recall a bit about the Spanish Revolution or the one with Franco and all the famous writers that went over to fight before WWII. I think even the Nazi's were helping with the Stukas dive bombing. So the different commie groups fought together to over throw the gov't and after they won they went around and killed off or imprisoned the lesser communist faction after they help them win power. I gotta think there were a few folks deemed 'prohibited professors' over there back then.
    In the Spanish Civil War, Franco's Nationalist/Fascist faction (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationalist_faction_(Spanish_Civil_War) ) won with the backing of Germany and Italy. The Republicans/Communists https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_faction_(Spanish_Civil_War) lost, in spite of the Soviet Union pouring in men and munitions. Stalin used the opportunity of the war to kill off the non-Stalinist Communists who joined up to fight in Spain.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    In the Spanish Civil War, Franco's Nationalist/Fascist faction (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationalist_faction_(Spanish_Civil_War) ) won with the backing of Germany and Italy. The Republicans/Communists https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_faction_(Spanish_Civil_War) lost, in spite of the Soviet Union pouring in men and munitions. Stalin used the opportunity of the war to kill off the non-Stalinist Communists who joined up to fight in Spain.
    Maybe it was the fascists that turned on each other?? I couldn't read it yet.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    They interview the guy in the link. I was expecting someone different.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    He doesn't even have sights on that franken AR. You can tell he's a dumbass when he has a FDE stock, a black fore end. white grip, with white rail covers. Ghetto! All he's doing is scaring people. The way he's posturing he looks like an active shooter, sling that damn rifle.

BurtonRW

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    The way he's posturing he looks like an active shooter, sling that damn rifle.
    Agreed. One could even make an argument that he's brandishing vs. carrying. Wouldn't take much to get there.

I wouldn't mind nearly as much if he just had it slung.

-Rob

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Agreed. One could even make an argument that he's brandishing vs. carrying. Wouldn't take much to get there.

I wouldn't mind nearly as much if he just had it slung.

-Rob
    He looks like he's about to engage which is threatening. If I was carrying and he came walking towards me I might have a case of self defense. If it's slung you aren't as threatening. He's doing it all wrong...

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    If this guy gets the publicity he seems to want, is it going to become a trend? YouTube channels of "2A Auditors" with the same dick-ish behavior as 1A Auditors except with the possibility someone defends themselves against them with lethal force on camera?

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    Those saying the idiot should have the rifle slung are correct. I was driving back from DC for work into Fredneck County on Rt 28. On the side of the road there was a guy walking with a rifle slung over his shoulder carrying in plain view. Granted it was obvious he was out hunting. But not one car that drove by freaked out. Not one brake light lit up passing this guy.

The other thing which has been brought up by the other posters here. The way he is open carrying has a threatening posture. Couple that to where he was carrying which is near a school bus stops and approaching children, I would consider this guy a potential threat. If you want to exercise your open carry right, do it responsibly. People such as this individual do more harm than good with our 2A rights. The antigunners are just loving this free attention to their cause.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    With 2A friends like this, who needs the Antis?

If you think what he is doing is good but only with a sling, go give him a sling and help him out.

I didn't the the previously mentioned Trump flag.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    While I don't disagree, I will ask what good is a right that you are afraid to exercise?
    Just about any of our rights taken to the extreme will likely generate pushback from some segment of the populace. Just a question of what is “too far” and how large a segment. Get a big enough segment of the populace and it will stop being a right. If 90% of Americans came out tomorrow as anti-1A you would quickly find that right starting to be curtailed and at some point, judicial protection for it would likely erode.

And the opposite, if a enough of the populace wants a right protected, enhanced, or a new right recognized, if it is a large enough portion of the populace, that’s going to happen eventually regardless of any pushback.

In any society there is no such thing as natural rights or god given rights. Only rights that society allows. How society is structured and and it’s values determines what those are.

Property rights have long been sacrosanct in our country. But enough people had to ruin it that society decided that limiting private property rights was necessary for society. Hence things like the clean water act to stop/deter/punish people from abusing property rights to just dump untreated waste or toxic waste and trash in to “their stream”, creek, river, etc.

Things like that. It’s one good example of a right pushed too far.

In this state at least, enough of the populace is more than happy to try to strip 2A rights. So, yeah, absent strong judicial precedent, it’s a game of 2A F around and find out. Too much of the former will generate much of the latter.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Rights and responsibilities. Maybe SCOTUS will help out if it comes to it, but you want MD Legislature to ban long gun open carry next, this is how you get long gun open carry banned.
    Yep. And I don't have that much faith in scotus. I think they have limits. Especially if Biden wins another term and a conservative retires. Sure you might get six of them for the fact of the second amendment applies to carrying handgun for protection outside the home. How many are you going to get for AR-15s and magazine capacity issues? I just don't know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom