only found shotgun shells today, why is .308 so hard to find? ANYBODY HAVE AN EXPLANA

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jneuberth29

Apr 7, 2013
    Eldersburg, Carroll County
    Between 2 Walmarts and Dicks all that came in on there trucks were shotgun shells.

But why is .308 so hard to find, used in hunting rifles and assault style, you figure they would produce a decent amount of it, idk the real reason, my guess is manufactures working more off other rounds such as .223 and making less .308

blackseven

Regular Guy
    Aug 30, 2011
    Between 2 Walmarts and Dicks all that came in on there trucks were shotgun shells.

But why is .308 so hard to find, used in hunting rifles and assault style, you figure they would produce a decent amount of it, idk the real reason, my guess is manufactures working more off other rounds such as .223 and making less .308

Local gun shops will have .308. Every one I've been to has had some. It's expensive, 30-40 dollars a box and is usually match ammo Federal premium, black hills, Hornady etc... Walmart/dicks don't have jack.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I've seem plenty of .308 ammo for sale at the PA shops I get ammo at. The only Maryland shop that had a good amount of .308 was Molly's Place in Kennedyville.

I gave up on wal mart walk of fail to sporting goods months ago, you need to take the drive to get bulk ammo without using the internet.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I've seem plenty of .308 ammo for sale at the PA shops I get ammo at. The only Maryland shop that had a good amount of .308 was Molly's Place in Kennedyville.

I gave up on wal mart walk of fail to sporting goods months ago, you need to take the drive to get bulk ammo without using the internet.

Seen any 9mm up that way?

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Molly's had 9mm but was expensive, like 32 bucks a box. LOL

Trop gun shop in Elizabethtown does ammo can deal 1 per customer per day, I know they have the 40 cans on hand all the time now. Prices are 100 bucks for 250 of 40 or 9mm blazer brass, 100 bucks of 200 rounds 45.

Targetmaster in.chadds ford was taped out of bulk cases for customer sale this past weekend, but had plenty of boxes of ammo, not sure on prices,.probably reasonable but not matching wal mart prices

jneuberth29

Apr 7, 2013
    Eldersburg, Carroll County
    Local gun shops will have .308. Every one I've been to has had some. It's expensive, 30-40 dollars a box and is usually match ammo Federal premium, black hills, Hornady etc... Walmart/dicks don't have jack.

Those rounds are everywhere, i walked into dicks and there was a full shelf of about 50 boxes or them. i don't wanna pay $1 per round though, because that's what dicks was selling it for

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

I saw 1 lonely box of .308 in the Eldersburg Walmart earlier this week, so apparently it is tricking in occasionally. I assume it had friends that had already been purchased, and it didn't last long either.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Its a very popular caliber.

I currently own 8 .30cal rifles soon to be 9

I have made sure to stockpile a handful of .30 cal pills to keep them running though. I refused to pay 35-45 a box for 308/30-06 ammo thats crazy high but it seems to be the way things are going.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    There was pallets of it at the oaks show last weekend. I came home with 2 cases.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Hunting season for turkeys. Ammo is cyclical. Shotgun in spring, hunting ammo in summer/fall, shotgun spring, summer and fall, EBR, pistol and .22lr year round.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    The only ammo I haven't seem semi normal is .22, but everything else seems.to be returning to regular prices slowly. I guess some day people on this site might sell ammo below $1/round.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    When ammo does arrive at box stores , it will last for 1.5 hours , maybe 2hrs if lucky.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    We were up in PA last night buying ammo, and this dude came up beside, picked up 9mm blazer brass target ammo for $16.95 and commented how expensive it was, my friend laughed saying if you lived in Maryland and could find it, that was easily a 36 dollar box of ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom