• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LMTguy

Feb 8, 2016
    Dundalk
    Hey guys, PSA is running a sale right now on a .45 XD-S. I want to order one. Where is a good(easy to deal with, and cheap) FFL to send it to? This will be my first purchase in MD, what kind of $ should I expect to pay for the transfer?

LMTguy

Feb 8, 2016
    Dundalk
    You're nearest FFL dealer is Gun Connection. See if they'll help you out. They normally charge $50 for your kind of transfer. Why not just buy local?

PSA is charging $399, I can't find anywhere that comes close. But if there is a $50 transfer I guess I'm not saving a lot to begin with.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Being your location is Dundalk, you should use Bluefins! They offer a discount to MDS members. $25 transfer!

python

Apr 15, 2010
    Pretty common gun to not consider purchasing locally. Between shipping and transfer fees, how much will you save? Even taking sales tax into consideration, you probably won't save much? Good luck.

scouse

Mar 6, 2013
    Havana on the Severn
    Shop locally first and then consider your option/costs. The fact that you can look your seller in the eye if you have a problem after purchase is worth something - and in my opinion, it's worth a lot.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    They are good people. I've done a couple through them.

Yes they are good people! I just did a transfer a few weeks ago and Jamie is a really nice lady! Did speak with Dave on the phone but have not had the pleasure of meeting him face to face being they were at the York Show when I pick up!

OP, you might want to see if Bluefins can order what you are looking for being you are in the neighborhood!

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Check the IP section for transfer fees at shops near you. There are lots of great options.

You could amble on over to Tyler Firearms in Halethorpe, 410-921-6393, and talk with them about a good price on your gun of choice. And you'd eliminate the transfer and shipping costs and be able to see the piece in person. I've purchased many times on GunBroker, but most of those pieces were old timers that were not available in the local shops.

You'll get great service at Tyler.

Lew--Ranger63

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Hey guys, PSA is running a sale right now on a .45 XD-S. I want to order one. Where is a good(easy to deal with, and cheap) FFL to send it to? This will be my first purchase in MD, what kind of $ should I expect to pay for the transfer?
    PSA will not ship the gun with a standard (higher than 10 round Mag) they will charge you to ship it and then you will be charged by the FFL ($50-$25 as you have learned)

Better to support the local dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mr88

Latest threads

Top Bottom