• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Right_to_arm_bears

OIF, OND, & OEF Vet.
    Nov 13, 2012
    MD
    I don't quite understand the twisted reasoning behind the one gun per 30 days thing. Does anyone know the story behind that one other than it being another pointless MD law?

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    You can buy as many stripped lowers as you please

I'm not sure about the accuracy of your comment. As far as I know stripped lowers are still being treated as regulated firearms. 1 every 30 days OR 2 at the same time and wait 60 days until next purchase of a regulated firearm OR become a designated collector. Designated collectors can purchase as many regulated firearms as they can afford, no restriction except for your wallet.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I'm not sure about the accuracy of your comment. As far as I know stripped lowers are still being treated as regulated firearms. 1 every 30 days OR 2 at the same time and wait 60 days until next purchase of a regulated firearm OR become a designated collector. Designated collectors can purchase as many regulated firearms as they can afford, no restriction except for your wallet.

:thumbsup: Yup. If it's on a 77R, it's regulated. If it's regulated, you can buy two at once and wait 60 days for next purchase.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Or apply for Designated Collector status and buy as many as you like.

ETA Someone posted they had a verbal permission from some guy at the MSP, but that doesn't seem right in light of the fact a 77r is required.

attached

Attachments

• Collector Application Affidavit.pdf
      37.6 KB · Views: 86

spcantwell

visitor from The PRM
    ^^ Was talking to a member last week who's from Ma. and my understanding was a "license" for everything;1 for long guns,1 for handguns,1 for ammo,etc.:banghead:

Not exactly. There are 4 different levels.. FID, LTC-b, LTC-a, and a specific one just to be allowed to buy pepper spray. Btw the two LTC's are 'may issue's and the police can deny it for any reason or none, or they can add 'restrictions' for any reason or none. Only a unrestricted class A license to carry actually lets you carry....

Any but the pepper spray license allows you to buy ammo

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    I have always wondered how this is constitutional. Its like saying your freedom of speech only applies to one word a minute. It is not a denial of the right, but it is definitely a restriction that is hard to claim is for the greater safety of the population. You can only carry so many guns at once.

BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013
    in the stripped lower thread there are quoted email responses from MSP that says any amount of lowers can be purchased and no HQL requirement. The limit is probably an FFL deal so a single person doesnt buy their whole stock. MSP has this whole thing screwed up lol

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    in the stripped lower thread there are quoted email responses from MSP that says any amount of lowers can be purchased and no HQL requirement. The limit is probably an FFL deal so a single person doesnt buy their whole stock. MSP has this whole thing screwed up lol

Just a thought, but why would an FFL care if a single person bought their whole stock? I bet they'd think that would be awesome!

RDavidP

Mar 8, 2007
    Frederick
    OR become a designated collector. Designated collectors can purchase as many regulated firearms as they can afford, no restriction except for your wallet.

You know, I became a designated collector. I still could not buy more than one gun in 30 days. Bank account came back with "Disapproved".

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    It is a Politicians/Governments way of seeing control, or the feeling they did something, doesn't matter that they understand, it only matters that they can say " I or We Did Something" It's the “all about me” syndrome. This disease has reached epidemic proportions within our Political landscape and Society itself. Seems like everyone wants a legacy of their selves somewhere and I also forgot about the “Do as I say not as I do” fits…

Just have to do the work around...:cool16:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom