• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Postering.

Magpul okay. Colt okay. Daniel Defense okay.

Olympic arms....really? Does any department even issue Oly rifles or allow their officers to carry them? Likely not.

Grand standing at it's best. But I do agree with their right to do what they want but I think they are hyping it a bit.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    It's a dupe thread and for some of us its a double edged sword.

A) I'd still basically have to pay union dues as an officer regardless if I renounced my membership.

B) in my line of work getting sued is part of the game and I don't have the money to hire an attorney whether it be criminal or civil. The FOP provides both.

C) We haven't gotten a raise in over 7 years and we still have no contract and are getting dicked left and right by the current brass.

While I may agree with their message, I'm not ruining my life to support Olympic arms.

jayc0968

Cpl, U.S.M.C. 87-92
    Sep 22, 2009
    Crofton, MD
    Perhaps. I respect their point though, since they've found FOP supports the ban yet solicits advertising dollars from small arms makers.
    Ah, the hypocrisy...

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore

A) I'd still basically have to pay union dues as an officer regardless if I renounced my membership.

B) in my line of work getting sued is part of the game and I don't have the money to hire an attorney whether it be criminal or civil. The FOP provides both.

C) We haven't gotten a raise in over 7 years and we still have no contract and are getting dicked left and right by the current brass.

While I may agree with their message, I'm not ruining my life to support Olympic arms.

Maybe it's time to endorse Republicans - ;)

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I understand that too mpdc4511.
    I'm not in your line of work, but respect it highly.

Like I said before every officer and sgt pays for it automatically out of their check regardless of renouncing membership or not. If nothing else the FOP benefits us significantly via their dental and vision and lawyers.

Shoot a suspect in self defense guess who pays for your lawyer in the civil case? Every family sues and gets shut up money even if he fired 400 shots at me and I only fired 1 shot.

In the last two weeks I've been shot at, in fights, and had guns pointed at me. Ill stick with the FOP regardless of how right I think Olympics message is. What's that called? Oh yeah self preservation.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/01/d-c-police-fired-on-make-two-arrests-84520.html (not for discussion)

Dec 6, 2011
    I like Olympic Arms. Every time a friend buys one, it's a new series of gunsmithing projects for me to work on. I love fixing short chambers, receivers with pin holes out of spec, tilted hammers, canted triggers, and birdshot buffers. Maybe I date myself. I've been fixing them since the early 80s when they were still known as SGW with a stop sign as a logo.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    What's that called? Oh yeah self preservation.

Roger that.

BTW just because I realize that could be misunderstood as me being condescending. I in no way shape or form meant it like that towards you. And I thank you for your previous comment.

Also seeing what's under your name thank you for your service!!!

jayc0968

Cpl, U.S.M.C. 87-92
    Sep 22, 2009
    Crofton, MD
    Wasn't taken that way, no worries. I have thicker skin than that anyway.
    And you're welcome. We like to think we're still serving, once a Marine...
    Be safe on the street Brother!

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD

Double edged? The whole thing is stacked against you.

Thanks for your service.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Hahaha im saying I gotta support them for professional advancement but I do disagree with some of there anti gun policy. And they dont represent a lot of the constituents with there policy. They do it in good faith with poor thought process.

livefast1

May 31, 2010
    easton,md
    Like I said before every officer and sgt pays for it automatically out of their check regardless of renouncing membership or not. If nothing else the FOP benefits us significantly via their dental and vision and lawyers.

Shoot a suspect in self defense guess who pays for your lawyer in the civil case? Every family sues and gets shut up money even if he fired 400 shots at me and I only fired 1 shot.

In the last two weeks I've been shot at, in fights, and had guns pointed at me. Ill stick with the FOP regardless of how right I think Olympics message is. What's that called? Oh yeah self preservation.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/01/d-c-police-fired-on-make-two-arrests-84520.html (not for discussion)

Lets say the HMFIC tells you to start knocking on doors and confinscating O'Malley's proposed "assault weapons". Will you still take this self preservation stance? Not being condescending just an honest question.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Lets say the HMFIC tells you to start knocking on doors and confinscating O'Malley's proposed "assault weapons". Will you still take this self preservation stance? Not being condescending just an honest question.

Knocking on doors confiscating guns is not really for people into self-preservation.....

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    This can't be true. I've been told, here, that the FOP are the good guys for gun rights. Even the FOP reps in NY who are pushing for retired cop exemptions.

Color me shocked that the truth comes out.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    Hahaha im saying I gotta support them for professional advancement but I do disagree with some of there anti gun policy. And they dont represent a lot of the constituents with there policy. They do it in good faith with poor thought process.

You are currently supporting an anti gun organization both financially and by letting them represent you for employment, and you are posting on a pro 2A board.

Does not compute.

It's like the claims of pro 2A democrats. "No, you are not pro 2A when you actively support the people who advocate to strip your rights completely."

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

With all do respect ur question is posed so that a stupid argument ensues. Im responding to this to advise u ill no longer respond to your stupidity.

You are currently supporting an anti gun organization both financially and by letting them represent you for employment, and you are posting on a pro 2A board.

Does not compute.

It's like the claims of pro 2A democrats. "No, you are not pro 2A when you actively support the people who advocate to strip your rights completely."

Yes I understand that but without changing vocations I dont have an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom