• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • As many of you know I recently broke down and bought a P6. I still blame RavensD and also Naptown34. I might as well bash a cop while I'm at it so, it's Vince's fault as well. :D

Thanks to some fellow shooters I was able to score a short trigger (from Todd @ customized creationz) and some of the last NIW 225 mags direct from sig.

Anyway, I work on SIGs as well as GLOCK and HK so the 1st thing I do is completely strip the gun down. I couldn't believe the accumulated shtuff throughout this pistol. There was even dust bunnies BETWEEN the top of the breech block and slide! Other than a really awesome collection of grit, grime, and dust bunnies - this pistol is in 1st class mechanical shape. The finish is a tad rough on the slide, but a little oxpho blue from brownells should blend that in pretty well for the time being.

Over the next few days, as time allows, I will be replacing EVERY spring (yes, even the mag catch stop spring :))in the pistol and putting in the short trigger. I'm figuring that while they weren't shot much, these guys probably could benefit in a good cleaning and fresh springs to replace the 27 year old ones in mine.

Should be a fun little pistol when I'm done.

TonyB

Feb 18, 2007
    Annapolis
    That makes 2 of us...

I just bought a P6, as well...which will make it my first handgun! I had three to choose from (all with the plastic cases, 2 mags, etc). I grabbed the one that had the least holster wear (very little), the least grit/grease/grime in it, and a nearly immaculate ramp and barrel. Now comes the tough part of waiting til mid/late next week to take her home. :/

I plan on (at least) a field strip and cleaning before cracking open the first box...anything else that isn't obvious to a pistol newbie? I might have to look into different spring(s)...man that's a heavy DA pull, but smooth.

I've seen that there have been some issues with these guns and JHP...anything to avoid other than that or will they eat pretty much anything and come back for more? :thumbsup:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    at the price they're going for it's almost a sin not to buy one. That and the CZ52 and CZ82 are about the best buys you can make right now IMHO.

I just bought a P6, as well...which will make it my first handgun! I had three to choose from (all with the plastic cases, 2 mags, etc). I grabbed the one that had the least holster wear (very little), the least grit/grease/grime in it, and a nearly immaculate ramp and barrel. Now comes the tough part of waiting til mid/late next week to take her home. :/

I plan on (at least) a field strip and cleaning before cracking open the first box...anything else that isn't obvious to a pistol newbie? I might have to look into different spring(s)...man that's a heavy DA pull, but smooth.

I've seen that there have been some issues with these guns and JHP...anything to avoid other than that or will they eat pretty much anything and come back for more? :thumbsup:

If you find yourself in a bind let me know. I detailed cleaned each part as it came off of the gun.

Naptown34

Super Genius !!
    MDS Supporter
    May 4, 2008
    Yes, I planted the bug...:D

I mentioned getting a P6 to Canuck...BAM!! 20 minutes later he calls me from the Armory..."I got two Sig 225s in my hands...one has your name on it...get down here now."

Mine is like Canuck's, some holster wear, but very very nice underneath. Shot it last weekend. No problems.

candidates23-1.jpg
    a320_1.jpg

inconel710

Feb 24, 2008
    I'm curious Canuck - I stopped at the Armory a couple of weeks ago and the P6 in the case was at least $200 more than I've seen them at AIM or Dan's Ammo. Did I miss something?

I'm curious Canuck - I stopped at the Armory a couple of weeks ago and the P6 in the case was at least $200 more than I've seen them at AIM or Dan's Ammo. Did I miss something?

In a word - Yes.

Both Naptown34 and I paid the prevalent rate bandied about on this board. You gotta talk with Hal. It also helps if you buy something once in awhile. Hal is in business, he knows how it works. He treats me well and has treated evryone that i have sent down there well. I'm usually there a couple of hours a week working on stuff or working with customers. It's a nice escape from my real job(s). Volunteering is fun :D.

Remember, a price tag is - well, just a price tag. Its a piece of paper, a starting point if you will.

BTW - we didn't buy the one in the case. We bought 2 others that were in the back and subsequently I sent someone else in there who bought a 3rd one from the back. The one in the case is still there. Frankly, it is in much better shape than the 3 previously discussed and Hal was very upfront that this one was not going to be cheap even for me. With that in mind we went to the stockpile in the back. He has more guns in the back than a lot of shops have on display. :thumbsup:

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    So Canuck, I was really wantin one of them short triggers on my P6 as well, can ya get another one and install it for me?

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    As many of you know I recently broke down and bought a P6. I still blame RavensD and also Naptown34. I might as well bash a cop while I'm at it so, it's Vince's fault as well. :D

Liar!! It was George Bush who caused this - and you KNOW it!
    If I ever actually break down and purchase a 9mm, this would probably be it.

TonyB

Feb 18, 2007
    Annapolis
    I'm usually there a couple of hours a week working on stuff or working with customers. It's a nice escape from my real job(s).

My real job is just north...my office window looks over their rear parking lot (and whoever's bigazz pickup parks back there). :innocent0

When I get my P6, I'll consider a tear-down with cleaning and maybe a refresh kit...possibly a different spring(s) to help with the DA, but I'll go through a box or two before making changes. Good to know reputable help is a few steps away. :thumbsup:

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County

inconel710

Feb 24, 2008
    In a word - Yes.

Both Naptown34 and I paid the prevalent rate bandied about on this board. You gotta talk with Hal. It also helps if you buy something once in awhile. Hal is in business, he knows how it works. He treats me well and has treated evryone that i have sent down there well. I'm usually there a couple of hours a week working on stuff or working with customers. It's a nice escape from my real job(s). Volunteering is fun :D.

Remember, a price tag is - well, just a price tag. Its a piece of paper, a starting point if you will.

BTW - we didn't buy the one in the case. We bought 2 others that were in the back and subsequently I sent someone else in there who bought a 3rd one from the back. The one in the case is still there. Frankly, it is in much better shape than the 3 previously discussed and Hal was very upfront that this one was not going to be cheap even for me. With that in mind we went to the stockpile in the back. He has more guns in the back than a lot of shops have on display. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I haven't done enough business there to justify an invite behind the counter. :envy: Hal wasn't there that day, just the young guy talking rifles with another customer.

Thanks. I haven't done enough business there to justify an invite behind the counter. :envy: Hal wasn't there that day, just the young guy talking rifles with another customer.

Hey, no worries. Talk to Hal, he'll hook you up. I was a new customer there like 3 years ago. I haven't found anyone more knowledgable about Class 3 and black rifles than Hal. George is an encyclopedia of vintage guns. There's always something new there. He had the 1st 5.7 upper for an AR that i have ever seen (of course it was only there 2 days).

My real job is just north...my office window looks over their rear parking lot (and whoever's bigazz pickup parks back there). :innocent0

When I get my P6, I'll consider a tear-down with cleaning and maybe a refresh kit...possibly a different spring(s) to help with the DA, but I'll go through a box or two before making changes. Good to know reputable help is a few steps away. :thumbsup:

I don't "work" at the armory, but I do do work for Hal when he has ARs, GLOCKs, HKs, etc. that need stuff done.

PM me if you need something. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom