• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    My girlfriend and I had a great time, glad I could finally make it out to one...

Thanks to all the ROs, donators, and other members for making it a fun, safe day.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Many thanks to DD214, Spot, Norton, Jeepdriver and Jodi for keeping everyone safe and hosting another great shoot, 3rdRcn for helping ensure the future of the RKBA, and Ralph for bringing a FRIKIN' MA DEUCE, and generosity in giving everyone some trigger time behind it:party29:

S7300227.jpg

S7300228.jpg

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    No one made a documentary video, just these clips? I'll have something ok by the end of this week.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Ralph for bringing a FRIKIN' MA DEUCE, and generosity in giving everyone some trigger time behind it:party29:

Yes, thank you so much Ralph. You went over and above the call of duty letting us have a run on that impeccable piece of machinery. It was enough watching you blast away with it early in the day, but to pull it out so we could have a go at it was just awesome. I say we designate every 2nd Sunday of the month as "Ralph Day", where we spend the entire day shooting Ralph's Ma Deuce in honor of him. :innocent0

houserocker

Guero Loco
    Jan 14, 2008
    Laurel, DE
    Thanks again to all you guys who worked so hard to make today so much fun. My kids and their friends really had a blast. My son's best friend is getting ready to start his class at the PG police academy and had only fired a gun once before in his life-we took care of that little problem for him! He can hardly wait to get started now. It really made my heart warm to see my petite 17 year old daughter running 20rd. mags through my SKS in like......12 seconds flat. She is truly a chip off the old blockhead. Special thanks to Viper for sharing his bench with us (and for the big old purple mark on my shoulder from his sawed off 12). It was nice putting faces to screen names, too.
    Thanks again from Paul and the Ryder truck crew from Beltsville.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    In addition to Ralph and the Ma Deuce, I want to put a big "thank you" out to JeepDriver. I had a lot of fun today sharing a lane with him. What I really appreciated though, was the fact that he not only brought a full-auto 9mm AR for everyone to shoot-but that he graciously donated over a thousand rounds of 9mm from his own stash for anyone that was interested in running a mag through it. All with the intent of hoping everyone had a great time, got to shoot something that they normally wouldn't get a chance to, and promoting interest in future MDShooters events.
    Chad, thanks again for giving me a chance to shoot all of your rifles and for being such a great resource for all of us on this forum :thumbsup:
    Also a big thanks go out for all of the Range Officers for a safe event and to 3rdRcn for everything those guys did to promote safety and spark interest in the shooting sports for the youngsters. I can't wait until my son is old enough to take the course!!
    To everyone that attended-thanks for coming out and making this such a great time! Being born and raised in this state, I've become jaded over the years and it really felt great to go and hang out with a bunch of people that happen to share my interest in shooting.
    Come on Frostbite Shoot!!...........(yep-someone had to start it ;))

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Frickin' awesome, all I gotta say! I have a couple pics and vids I'll post later when I finish cleaning. Special thanks to Novus for convincing me to get my C&R, DD for letting Frank and I play with the XCR (it kept whispering "per diem" to us ;)), SlimJim for letting me take a shot with the AR-50, Alucard for the Garand, and of course Ralph for bringing Ma Deuce!

It was great to finally meet you all! Expect a convoy from Ft Meade at the Frostbite Shoot!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Spot77 and Norton. What can I say other than that I couldn't do it without you. Thanks more than you know!

Are you saying that it's your turn to hand out massages? :lol2:

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I forgot my camera the night before so thanks to all those that got some pics! I had a great time and my daughter thought the full auto was the greatest. Thanks Chad!!! We had a great time and look forward to the next one.

I also want to thank those that had their kids attend our rifle class as well as all those that assisted, Brian a special shout out to you for the help! Yesterday was the biggest reason I took the time to get my certifications and I absolutely love working with the kids!

It was great to see many of you that I know again and especially nice getting to say hello to those I haven't met before, it was a great time ladies and gents!!!

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Glad everyone had a great time, looks like a blast in every sense of the word.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    Thanks again to all you guys who worked so hard to make today so much fun. My kids and their friends really had a blast. My son's best friend is getting ready to start his class at the PG police academy and had only fired a gun once before in his life-we took care of that little problem for him! He can hardly wait to get started now. It really made my heart warm to see my petite 17 year old daughter running 20rd. mags through my SKS in like......12 seconds flat. She is truly a chip off the old blockhead. Special thanks to Viper for sharing his bench with us (and for the big old purple mark on my shoulder from his sawed off 12). It was nice putting faces to screen names, too.
    Thanks again from Paul and the Ryder truck crew from Beltsville.

what was the handgun you were shooting that ejected the shells 30ft over our heads? i was the one shooting next to you, i think i spent more time watching your shell casings land in the trash can:party29:

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    In addition to Ralph and the Ma Deuce, I want to put a big "thank you" out to JeepDriver. I had a lot of fun today sharing a lane with him. What I really appreciated though, was the fact that he not only brought a full-auto 9mm AR for everyone to shoot-but that he graciously donated over a thousand rounds of 9mm from his own stash for anyone that was interested in running a mag through it. All with the intent of hoping everyone had a great time, got to shoot something that they normally wouldn't get a chance to, and promoting interest in future MDShooters events.
    Chad, thanks again for giving me a chance to shoot all of your rifles and for being such a great resource for all of us on this forum :thumbsup:

+100000. Due to my state of mind after I got home last night, I forgot the obvious. :sad20: Chad has always gone out of his way to make sure that our events level up from really fun to flippin' sweet. He is more than generous, and he gives many of us the opportunity to enjoy firing weapons that we would otherwise only dream about. Thanks Chad, and you are the embodiment of what this group is all about. :beer:

Last edited:

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    wow....I didn't stay around long enough! I didn't know it was open-mic day on the Ma Deuce! Had to get home for father-in-law's b-day dinner :(

Good to get out to another shoot...I haven't made one since the last frostbite shoot (January I guess). Good times. Thanks JeepDriver for letting me shoot the suppressed 9mm auto....and now i'll have to save up for one of those lol. Good to see you guys again.

simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    what was the handgun you were shooting that ejected the shells 30ft over our heads? i was the one shooting next to you, i think i spent more time watching your shell casings land in the trash can:party29:

armed ferret and his AK down on the end was launching shells at least 20 feet.. one of which landed in the bag of mini muffins i was eating.. almost chipped a tooth.

marknakasone said:
    No one made a documentary video, just these clips? I'll have something ok by the end of this week.

put that mac to use baby!

houserocker

Guero Loco
    Jan 14, 2008
    Laurel, DE

That would be my new CZ-52 firing what seemed to be some pretty hot Romanian surplus. The trash can technique is something only a lucky, gifted few can master:D. I really liked that EVIL .22 you were shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom