• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    well, they are all done, tomorrow they wil prolly spit in the face of all the great testimony and do exactly the opposite of what they should do.

ItsGarand

-> TEUFELSBERG <-
    May 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    I'll close by saying donate to SAF and MSI if you couldn't make it to testify.

I'd definitely second that since the NRA is only going to hand out some cheap swag and provide a person to opine.

Want something actually done? SAF and MSI. Don't forget to support your local club and the AGC.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I'd definitely second that since the NRA is only going to hand out some cheap swag and provide a person to opine.

Want something actually done? SAF and MSI. Don't forget to support your local club and the AGC.

Became a member of MSI tonight as I was listening. Unfortunately I stepped away just before the boating comment, wish I would have been there for that one.

Is anything else coming up in the future?

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    I know there's all this anti-NRA stuff going on nowadays, but I am convinced that if it were not for the NRA, gun ownership, gun rights, conservation, hunting, etc., etc., would not be anywhere near what it is today. We'd be more like Great Britain. Eff that!

circadia

Jan 19, 2013
    Arbutus
    Thank you all for testifiing, I came in a day late and a dollar short. Just learned a few days ago what was going on from a somd.com forum on all these bills. Again thank you for speaking on issues that i am concerned about.

Welcome!

It may be too late to testify, but it's not too late to get involved and contact your delegates and senator about all the gun control bills that have been put forth. You'll find lots of good info on the Maryland 2A board and here are a few other helpful and informative links:

http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/legislative.html

http://marylandshallissue.org

mlocke63

Nov 22, 2010
    Ocean City
    I want to personally thank everyone that made it to any of the hearings. After listening or watching almost every minute, all of you have made gun owners who couldn't be there very proud.

PaiDaGuerra

Mar 4, 2013
    Thermopylae,MD
    I went down and signed my recommended positions. There was noone in line. I made the rounds of the Senate Jud. committee again and spoke to them on my positions. Every office I went to ... I was the first and only to sign today. Also, the staffers were really busy bringing copies of written testimony in. You could hear the Anti-Death penality over the loud speakers. They had the staff ready to take in witnesses this time. They were ready but hoping for nobody!

Dec 31, 2012
    Welcome!

It may be too late to testify, but it's not too late to get involved and contact your delegates and senator about all the gun control bills that have been put forth. You'll find lots of good info on the Maryland 2A board and here are a few other helpful and informative links:

http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/legislative.html

http://marylandshallissue.org

I used the AGC link to send emails as well as a few others, ruger etc.
    Donated to a few places.
    Sorry, the NRA was not one of them. They have become poor representation for state/local level politics and rights.

SAF / MSI / DINO's :thumbsup:

bmelton

Jan 23, 2013
    I know there's all this anti-NRA stuff going on nowadays, but I am convinced that if it were not for the NRA, gun ownership, gun rights, conservation, hunting, etc., etc., would not be anywhere near what it is today. We'd be more like Great Britain. Eff that!

I agree. I don't generally side with the NRA, but they're filling a hole in our civil liberties that the ACLU seems fine to purposefully exclude.

ItsGarand

-> TEUFELSBERG <-
    May 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD

Not so much an anti-NRA comment, as you can see I'm a life member. But, I'm pretty sure the NRA has written off this state. No bust on our NRA Rep, but with bill of his size and scope, and all of the finances the NRA has, you might think that Chris Cox or somebody of actual stature in the NRA might have spared a day to at least speak once. Maybe they could have used some of the multi-million dollars they have and spent some money on real adverts.

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    Not so much an anti-NRA comment, as you can see I'm a life member. But, I'm pretty sure the NRA has written off this state. No bust on our NRA Rep, but with bill of his size and scope, and all of the finances the NRA has, you might think that Chris Cox or somebody of actual stature in the NRA might have spared a day to at least speak once. Maybe they could have used some of the multi-million dollars they have and spent some money on real adverts.

Excellent point!

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    The NRA is assisting in Maryland behind the scenes. They are also helping in other states, like NY. Finally, don't forget that the feds are trying to pass gun control laws at the national level, which the NRA is fighting.

If you have the money, IMO, you need to support the NRA as well as MSI and SAF. I also support GAO and MSRPA. Membership does not cost a lot.

While the NRA is huge, it's still a shame how few gun owners are members. Same can be said of SAF and MSI. Reminds me of a quote from Winston Churchill: "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    To those saying that the senate passed sb281 does not make it law as I understand it the house still has to amend and vote on the same bill, if it passes the house then the govidicatator could sign it into law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom