• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    They are in full rut in Marylandistan!

This morning, a doe came tearing into the field not long after sunrise, followed by her baby, followed by a small fork, followed by a larger fork, followed by a nice rack buck. Had to yell HEYYY!!!! a couple times to get the procession to pause so I could shoot. Here is the rack buck:

TH%20Entry%2011%203%2014%20Pic%202.JPG

hahaha...guess I will try to get back out in the woods tonight!

Great buck!!

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I'm hellbent on taking a Cecil county deer with my HBAR using Rem Hog Hammer or Federal Vitashok 60gr. Dunno how I'll do, but add me to the AR hunting club ( no can for me though...) Trail cam shows some does and some dinky spike bucks. Meat, meat, meat!

Klunatic-I assume crop damage using a modern rifle this week.

Nope, West Virginia special antler-less 3 day season.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    9 pt taken Friday evening just after sunset. He came in behind me. He was working over a tree at 50yds, and the branches moving got my attention. The light was pretty low, and I thought it was a squirrel at first as they were very active. I realized it was a buck when the branch kept moving. He came off the tree, and started scrapping right next to it. I lazed a tree on his line at 20yds, and whacked him as soon as he stepped out.

Attachments

• IMG_1001.jpg
      IMG_1001.jpg
      48.2 KB · Views: 357

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    My son's first deer. Saturday was an eventful day for him.
    Congrats!!

9 pt taken Friday evening just after sunset. He came in behind me. He was working over a tree at 50yds, and the branches moving got my attention. The light was pretty low, and I thought it was a squirrel at first as they were very active. I realized it was a buck when the branch kept moving. He came off the tree, and started scrapping right next to it. I lazed a tree on his line at 20yds, and whacked him as soon as he stepped out.
    Congrats!

Heres my kill for the year an antlered doe. Since I got a big elk Im donating this one to my church to help feed some local families. I got her with my muzzle loader and she dropped in her tracks!

Attachments

• DSCN1746.JPG
      DSCN1746.JPG
      115.4 KB · Views: 349

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Nice!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Congrats!!

Congrats!

Heres my kill for the year an antlered doe. Since I got a big elk Im donating this one to my church to help feed some local families. I got her with my muzzle loader and she dropped in her tracks!

Name her Chaz. Nice shooting.

vinjet700

No one of significance
    Mar 1, 2013
    State of absolute disgust

:thumbsup: very nice....

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Nice spread!

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county

Nice Buck Kevp, Congrats. I haven't see you post much recently, it's good to see you're still around.

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    Third deer of NC rifle season. Thought it was a doe. Oh well, this ones going to be all sausage and jerky. Im a firm believer of head and neck shots with a rifle. Either you drop them or you miss for the most part. Dropped him at 100 yards.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Some very nice meals are going to be had with that meat. Congrats to all.

Jim Smith

redneckhunter

Mar 4, 2013
    My 8 point shot tuesday morning checking a mock scape I set up the day before

Attachments

• tmp_1822-20141104_075241-929900961.jpg
      tmp_1822-20141104_075241-929900961.jpg
      118.3 KB · Views: 269

redneckhunter

Mar 4, 2013
    Yes ive killed a few off a mock scrape. Watch some youtube videos and they will teach you quite a few ways to make them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom