• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • layusn1

Apr 18, 2008
    I couldn't really find a proper place to ask this one....I am going to be renting a place to live, it is basically a third of a house that has been cut off from the rest of the house...walled off and has a private entrance. The owner runs a state certified daycare from her house. Can I have my firearms in my portion of the house?

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    If you have a lease, it is your property (by nature of the lease) so yes, you can have your firearms. There may be an issue with storing powder for muzzle loaders and reloading, but not for firearms or ammo as I understand it.
    Even if it is not a property you rent with a lease, it is still where you reside and there is nothing I can see that says you cannot keep firearms there.

I am not a lawyer, but I am pretty sure there is no issue.

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    I couldn't really find a proper place to ask this one....I am going to be renting a place to live, it is basically a third of a house that has been cut off from the rest of the house...walled off and has a private entrance. The owner runs a state certified daycare from her house. Can I have my firearms in my portion of the house?

Check with your local authorities. My childrens' former daycare provider was required to have a safe for firearms storage.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    As gunconnection says, I'm sure all you need to do is to abide by the safe storage laws. Basically, and I'm paraphrasing, I think it just says that you have to lock your guns up if there is reasonable presumption that a child under the age of 16 could gain access to your firearms.

If you were living on the same property as a daycare, i would presume that it was possible one of the little squirts could wander off into your part of the property.

PresentArms

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2008
    Middle River

Odd Question?? Why would you want to move to a place like that? You better think about that real hard. Screaming Kids 5 days a week.:tdown:

layusn1

Apr 18, 2008
    Basically I won't be there when kids are there...I work so no worries about screaming kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom