• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    West OC is nice also. We go all over but we only go to the boardwalk early and late season for the kids to go on some of the rides. When it gets too crowded with western shore bums it makes it miserable. The uptick in the Amish visitors has had it's issues as well. After dark the boardwalk is a no go if you have kids. If only we could go back to the 1990s 1960s.
    Those were the fun years for me.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    I think he meant he could sit in the Kiddie Rides at Trimpers in the 60s.

Not the he was a young adult in the 60s.

Either that or you think he ain't holding up too good!
    Haha! I thought I was holding up OK for 65. I guess not. Maybe I should have said '60-'70s. :D

In '67-'68, I became aware. I'd hang out in the arcades trying to win fake switch blade knives and Zippo lighters in the hobby cranes(came close a bunch of time, but never won anything worth remembering). I was 10-12 years old. Jumpin' Jack Flash, Honky Tonk Women, Momma Told Me Not to Come blasting down the Boardwalk. Them were the days...

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Haha! I thought I was holding up OK for 65. I guess not. Maybe I should have said '60-'70s. :D

In '67-'68, I became aware. I'd hang out in the arcades trying to win fake switch blade knives and Zippo lighters in the hobby cranes(came close a bunch of time, but never won anything worth remembering). I was 10-12 years old. Jumpin' Jack Flash, Honky Tonk Women, Momma Told Me Not to Come blasting down the Boardwalk. Them were the days...

****You mean those switch blade knives that were combs? Those were really cool ! There were some really nice prizes in those hobby cranes, but I never saw anyone winning any of the good stuff while dumping quarter after quarter in those machines. I had better luck playing Skee-ball and once won a really sweet pencil topper with googly eyes. Probably cost me $20, but I *finally* won something!

I didn't even live in MoCo back then, where every kid from 1st to last place in every event is a winner!!!

tops.jpg

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    ****You mean those switch blade knives that were combs? Those were really cool ! There were some really nice prizes in those hobby cranes, but I never saw anyone winning any of the good stuff while dumping quarter after quarter in those machines. I had better luck playing Skee-ball and once won a really sweet pencil topper with googly eyes. Probably cost me $20, but I *finally* won something!

I didn't even live in MoCo back then, where every kid from 1st to last place in every event is a winner!!!

View attachment 410521
    Lol. No, actually they weren't even hobby cranes. You had a chance with those. I can't remember what they were called. They was a turntable and you had to stop it by pressing a button. At that point, a swing arm came from the side and tried to push the prize up the side of a metallic 'volcano' shaped thing in the middle of the enclosure. You had to push the prize up and into the center where it would drop down into the hole and you won. It was almost impossible, but hey, I was just a dumb kid and they got my money.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    Omg! I remember those machines. Those and the crane machines filled with packs of cigarettes. Being 14 and dumping 20$ in to win a stale pack of Kools ,while hoping no one saw you winning them.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Wonder how the whole marijuana thing will go? Is it legal to smoke pot in public now?
    You still can not smoke it in hotel room or balcony you can not smoke it on the boardwalk, it will come under the same laws as vaping and tobacco, but people are not going to care and just smoke it anyway they want and then get mad if someone says that their smoke is bothering them

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    The boardwalk is so bad now that any time of the day, there is a foot pursuit after some young punk who dintdonufin'. Young people are so stupid now. They go looking for trouble instead of looking for fun. They don't give a fark anymore.
    That trouble is their fun, they know there is no real consequence to their actions,

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    There was just someone burned in their car at the community center back in June there was a mass stabbing on the boardwalk close to the cork bar, hundreds of car break in last summer, people getting arrested with drugs and illegal weapons all the time, fights happening several times a day, several reports of gun shots last month, this is just a few. The list can go on for days. the one thing I will give you is that it isn’t quite as bad during the winter but from late spring to late fall it is close to Baltimore in crime.
    The crime and behavior represents America as a whole. It’s a tourist town from spring to fall and this is where Americans from all over flock to during those seasons.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Absolutely. We played the same games in our misspent youth, though the rules of the game have gotten more serious.
    Growing up my friends and I never tried robbing people, attacking them, destroying property breaking into cars. The youth of today and the youth of my generation are not the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom