• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    Since they EARNED the right you have a point.

As a veteran, I strongly oppose any attempt to grant vets special privileges that the general public don't have.

As far as I'm concerned, I volunteered for a job, got paid for it, and then moved on. I don't deserve anything special, the dude who collects my garbage on Thursday is just as important as a soldier (maybe more important) he works hard and does something most people don't want to do, why doesn't anybody shake his hand?

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    In my job I have to work on electronic safes that are full of cash and right in customer view . Dunbar gets to carry when they come to collect I should be able to carry when working on them .

I should also be able to carry to protect my son because he and your children and wives mean a hell of allot more to me then anyones bag of cash or jewelry .

Having done a short part time gig for Dunbar a few years ago, ive realized the wackass nutjobs they hire probably shouldnt be anywhere near guns....or 60,000 pound vehicles....or forks....

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    As a veteran, I strongly oppose any attempt to grant vets special privileges that the general public don't have.

As far as I'm concerned, I volunteered for a job, got paid for it, and then moved on. I don't deserve anything special, the dude who collects my garbage on Thursday is just as important as a soldier (maybe more important) he works hard and does something most people don't want to do, why doesn't anybody shake his hand?

So we differ. Call it an incentive perk.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Remember just a few weeks ago, O'Malley cold called hunters to tell them that SB 281 wouldn't affect them. He was trying to split them from the collective herd of firearm owners. We know what happens when an animal is split from the herd.

Let's not go about dividing ourselves by pretending there's middle ground to be had on this issue. By virtue of existing, you have an unalienable right to self defense. Period.

/thread

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I just picked this one as an example:

Just curious. What occupations should "automatically" be protected by the 1st, 4th, 5th, 14th amendments?

Its not about what is "right" or "constitutional"

This is about what increment we might take back on the way to what is right. If you are not willing to fight for each inch, you will never get a mile.

Incrementalism is a tool the antis are successfully using against us ... we need to use it AGAINST them. That's why we all need to agree to use every available tool against them

Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD

Have you been talking to Del. Mike Smigiel? LOL

If not, those are definately words he would use.

Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    I just picked this one as an example:

Its not about what is "right" or "constitutional"

This is about what increment we might take back on the way to what is right. If you are not willing to fight for each inch, you will never get a mile.

Incrementalism is a tool the antis are successfully using against us ... we need to use it AGAINST them. That's why we all need to agree to use every available tool against them

When you specify certain groups in need of the ability to defend themselves you reinforce the antis' claim that it should be on a case by case basis. Malcolm X was right when he said "freedom for everybody, or freedom for nobody".

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    The only occupation that should guarantee Good & Substantial Reason for a resident permit is:

Non-Prohibited Maryland Resident.

/thread

NHaze

Mar 15, 2011
    Shepherdstown, WV
    MSPLD already generally approves business owners carrying cash and making deposits. It would not be a change.

The other large, generally all inclusive groups are not helpful - that's the end goal, but it isn't incremental

So, I have generally already found the increment?

Other licensed, bonded, background checked occupations?

(Yeah, you'll probably see me repost this exact post after a few more unhelpful "all inclusive" suggestions)

You don't necessarily have to be a business OWNER to end up making business related cash deposits. And it isn't automatic. You still have to apply, lengthy background check, interview, wait, wait, maybe get approved, maybe not.

Edit: Not a huge fan of the whole concept. I think what they're doing with carry in Maryland is illegal, unconstitutional, and just plain wrong. I'm more inclined to say all or nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom