• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I found a guy's wallet one day. Looked at his driver's license and realized it was on my way home. His wallet was at his house before he was.

Now, if when you look in his wallet you see a picture of your wife, that would probably be a bad day for both of you. :D

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    My biggest issue is, what if the op was actually carrying when his wallet went missing. What would happen if he was pulled over and was caught with out his permit?
    it clearly states on the card that the permit must be in your possession when ever you are carrying a firearm.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    My biggest issue is, what if the op was actually carrying when his wallet went missing. What would happen if he was pulled over and was caught with out his permit?
    it clearly states on the card that the permit must be in your possession when ever you are carrying a firearm.
    Then he must transport as if he never had a permit. Unloaded, cased or enclosed holster and out of reach. Between the allowed destinations. The law is clear.

toycowboy

Sep 12, 2022
    Maryland
    I’m 55 yrs old, and I’ve never once lost my wallet or even a credit card. The thing I’m most concerned about is exactly what you pointed out. Someone who didn’t have the decency to turn my wallet into lost and found, had my address and knows I have a gun. Maybe that last fact could also be a deterrent.

By the way, I just figured out how to apply for the replacement. It turns out, you just click the "Start New HGP Application" and then on the second page of the application, you have a selection option to choose replacement. You would think, they could add a simple sentence stating as such, on the MSP website.
    Have you received or gotten any updates on your replacement card? I myself just went through a similar situation several days ago and am wondering if it’s going to be as long as when initially applying for the card or much quicker since it’s just a replacement.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Have you received or gotten any updates on your replacement card? I myself just went through a similar situation several days ago and am wondering if it’s going to be as long as when initially applying for the card or much quicker since it’s just a replacement.
    I received it about 10 days after submission online.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I received it about 10 days after submission online.
    With the technology we have now this is unacceptable. Md can very easily Make the card a digital download where we can go to our account and print it off ourselves and even have a digital copy on our phones. This would save the state time and money. How much does it cost to buy 40 thousand cards then print them off and mail them? If they paid just 0.50 each to mail that comes out to 20 thousand dollars just for postage.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    With the technology we have now this is unacceptable. Md can very easily Make the card a digital download where we can go to our account and print it off ourselves and even have a digital copy on our phones. This would save the state time and money. How much does it cost to buy 40 thousand cards then print them off and mail them? If they paid just 0.50 each to mail that comes out to 20 thousand dollars just for postage.
    Requires an act of the legislature. Their efforts are to make this more difficult not easier.

Consider contacting your state senator in delegate about this matter to have it resolved.

sig 226

Aug 6, 2022
    VA
    Slight thread drift, but this is how DC does it. My DC permit came via email as an attached pdf.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Slight thread drift, but this is how DC does it. My DC permit came via email as an attached pdf.

Additional thread drift. I was treasurer of our gun club for 4 years. Every year I had to print out, fill out and mail out membership cards. People lost cards, or said they never came in the mail. At the annual renewal folks would stand in line, and huff and puff, because it too time to look up their info, and renew their membership in person. I proposed a motion to allow members to renew online and print out their own card, OR just save the PDF to their phone. The motion passed after much heated debate. People got pissed off that they couldn't have a crappy printed out paper card. So, I bet if they stopped giving out actual plastic cards, people would bitch about that too.

Wish2024

Apr 21, 2024
    Maryland
    Do anyone knows how long it takes now for a replacement.. I just lost mines and hoping it doesn’t take long for a replacement to come

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Do anyone knows how long it takes now for a replacement.. I just lost mines and hoping it doesn’t take long for a replacement to come

I got my replacement in about 10 days from submitting the request online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom