• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Buck

Dirve-by-posting has been done away with here.

Please discuss your opinion on the issue to get us started.

I was so excited to get my 100 post that was actually relevant that I missed that part. BTW no fireworks for my 100 post, just kidding.

I agree with the blogger completely. Second round of Obama is going to be Clinton on steroids for us gun owners. The second term is where all the really heavy stuff comes out. We got universal health care the first term...

diesel-man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 8, 2009
    I guess all of you Libtards that vote Democrat...and think that you can still be pro 2A...are wrong! Wow, who could have seen that coming?

:lol:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    What if Romney is on the other side of the ticket, however?

Mitt Romney as MA governor in 2004 regarding a bill he had just signed into law for a semi-automatic rifle ban: "Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts." "These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense." "They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."

More gems:
    "We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts. I support them. I won’t chip away at them." "I believe they help protect us and provide for our safety."

The ban list includes the AR-15 and AK-47. No collapsible or folding stocks. No bayonet lug. No removable flash suppressor. New mags limited to 10 rounds. Makes Maryland seem like heaven by comparison.

Yep, Mittens is every 2A supporters best friend. Not.

If you look closely at Mittens political record, he's a dead ringer for O'Malley in many ways. Like twins separated at birth.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I'm in the anyone but Obama crowd but I don't like Mitt all that much either. I hope the bland Republican field doesn't keep people home this November because, after what Obama did to us with health care, if he sets his sights on destroying our second ammendment rights we are screwed!
    The Supreme Court appointees alone should be enough to scare the hell out of any conservatives!

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I'm in the anyone but Obama crowd but I don't like Mitt all that much either. I hope the bland Republican field doesn't keep people home this November because, after what Obama did to us with health care, if he sets his sights on destroying our second ammendment rights we are screwed!
    The Supreme Court appointees alone should be enough to scare the hell out of any conservatives!

This guy gets it! :thumbsup:

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I would not doubt for a minute that Obama is anti 2nd amendment, of course he is, there isn't anything new there.

But sheesh, Wayne La Pierre is warning that Obama is going to completely erase the 2nd amendment in a "conspiracy" (his words, not mine) to lull gun owners asleep for the 2nd term? Sounds like an insurance salesman preying on fear, uncertainty, and doubt. Of course the NRA will say this, it's good for membership. Hell, a 2nd Obama term would probably be a windfall for them; they're probably foaming at the mouth thinking of all the fresh money coming their way.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    There is a lot of fear mongering going on on both sides of the issue. Personally, and this is just me, I'm not overly concerned about an outright ban on firearms or another AWB because to do so, he would need the assistance of Congress, whether he does it via bill or his treaty. there are way more pro gun dems in Congress than there were when Clinton was in office, not to mention more Republicans now.

What I am more concerned about are the retiring supreme court justices...

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    obama could do a lot of things to take our rights. a presidents 2nd term can make public opinion mute. mitt is basicly a dem in republican clothing.
    i am a paul supporter but doesn't look good for his race. i guess we will be an anyone but obama votes in our house.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Rather than worrying about abstract speculation about what >could< happen, y'all would be better served to pay attention to the realities that are facing you right now in the Maryland General Assembly.

A gun registration bill popped up in the last 36 hours and there's plenty of other bills to worry about as well.

There's something you can actually do about those bills as opposed to what Obama may or may not do a year from now.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    I think its a load or horse marde, just the NRA trying to drum up fear, BUT I do think they will try to conjur up some NEW "assult" weapons ban.

Close. They are directly trying to drum up fear, but indirectly, they are trying to drum up membership and donations.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Rather than worrying about abstract speculation about what >could< happen, y'all would be better served to pay attention to the realities that are facing you right now in the Maryland General Assembly.

A gun registration bill popped up in the last 36 hours and there's plenty of other bills to worry about as well.

There's something you can actually do about those bills as opposed to what Obama may or may not do a year from now.

The horse and gate analogy come to mind.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom