Harford Co
    Some noteworthy(or vomitworthy) quotes:

"We're going to get it done at the local level"
    and
    "We're not the perfect union yet"

dlmarion

Feb 6, 2013
    Carroll County
    Well, in their mind the new gun laws have saved us all. We are all still alive. Just think of how many more lives we will save if we implement more laws. J/k (as if i should need to say that)

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    "Congress has been reluctant to infringe on gun owners' rights, but local governments have been more receptive."

At least now we recognize it is infringement, and that makes it unconstitutional. Up until now it wasn't infringement it was reasonable restrictions.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Please, please, please, push more of your moonbat crazy shiite before the midterms and make sure all your fellow Dems follow suit and regurgitate the talking points like good little mind numbed drones.

Absolutely this.

However, I see the minimum wage increase and immigration being a problem for the GOP. We passed an indexed minimum wage here last year as a ballot question and it brought out a ton of people to vote, presumably low income voters who vote democrat.

JMoon

Feb 22, 2014
    doesn't raising the minimum wage just make everything cost more, essentially doing nothing?

also, instead of gun control, why doesn't the government focus on the criminals using the tools instead of the tools themselves?

I don't know anything about economics or politics, so please correct me if I am wrong.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    doesn't raising the minimum wage just make everything cost more, essentially doing nothing?

also, instead of gun control, why doesn't the government focus on the criminals using the tools instead of the tools themselves?

I don't know anything about economics or politics, so please correct me if I am wrong.

Min Wage... not only will it increase prices, but it will also cost jobs as employers will have to strike a balance between pricing and labor cost

Gun Control... is not about the guns (or even the crime)... it's just about control and ideology.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    It's by design ...

Please, please, please, push more of your moonbat crazy shiite before the midterms and make sure all your fellow Dems follow suit and regurgitate the talking points like good little mind numbed drones.

If Dems were smart they'd be telling their allies, the news media, that their biggest fear is that the Stupid Party will promote another McRomney like clone for President in 2016.

Obama and his state sycophants like OWE'Malley, Cuomo, and others realize that this may be their final chance BEFORE 2014/2016 to legislate not only gun control, but CONTROL in general. The blantant lies and smears have been overflowing as of late and I would expect even more as the primaries pass and they have solid targets to aim at. Break out your BS buttons and get ready to press them into action as the 'complaint' media cranks out yellow journalism and propaganda.

Attachments

• bull-350b.jpg
      bull-350b.jpg
      13.7 KB · Views: 339

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    There may be hope, even on the state level

BearingArms.com -
    The Long, Slow Death Of The Gun Control Cult

Like I said above .... but the decption is wearing thin ... and losing support.

Moms Demand Action From Illegal Mayors in Everytown and the few foundation-supported groups still exist at all only because they practice two kinds of deception.

They lie (repeatedly) to the mainstream media and the public, which the media doesn’t seem to mind in the slightest since they are equally anti-gun and anti-liberty. The public, however, has caught on to the fact that the Michael Bloombergs, Shannon Wattses, Ladd Everitts and the Joshes (Sugarmann and Horwitz) of the citizen control movement are pathological, egotistical, and well, crazed.

Even sadder than their attempts to lie to the public, however, is the tendency of these groups to lie to themselves about their own power, influence, and impact.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    "Congress has been reluctant to infringe on gun owners' rights, but local governments have been more receptive."

At least now we recognize it is infringement, and that makes it unconstitutional. Up until now it wasn't infringement it was reasonable restrictions.

That seems to be a statement by the article author, not something attributable to Jarrett. Is the media finally recognizing how far out of whack this administration is or was it just a Freudian slip?

highfructosecornsyrup

Apr 2, 2012
    baltimore city
    The episode of The Simpsons with the bear patrol..

Homer: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm.

Lisa: That’s specious reasoning, Dad.

Homer: Thank you, dear.

Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.

Homer: Oh, how does it work?

Lisa: It doesn’t work.

Homer: Uh-huh.

Lisa: It’s just a stupid rock.

Lisa: But I don’t see any tigers around, do you?

[Homer thinks of this, then pulls out some money]

Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    The episode of The Simpsons with the bear patrol..

Homer: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm.

Lisa: That’s specious reasoning, Dad.

Homer: Thank you, dear.

Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.

Homer: Oh, how does it work?

Lisa: It doesn’t work.

Lisa: It’s just a stupid rock.

Lisa: But I don’t see any tigers around, do you?

[Homer thinks of this, then pulls out some money]

Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.

That was the logic used in DC District (Heller II) the other day...

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    That seems to be a statement by the article author, not something attributable to Jarrett. Is the media finally recognizing how far out of whack this administration is or was it just a Freudian slip?

That's what a Freudian slip is. They have always known what he was and is. That's why I no longer support a free press;) Do not talk to the media. They serve no function in a free republic. ;)

Last edited:

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel

Well, you're talking like an evil economist! Economists and evil Republicans caused the recession, don't you know? Fortunately, Obama saved us all!

Seriously though, the issue with the minimum wage bill is that opposing it is unpopular and it plays right into the Democrat narrative that the Republicans are corporate shills. Yes, I know that quite a few Democrats are corporate shills too, but we're talking purely about political narratives. In this economy, the minimum wage bill is a political slam dunk. So what if it hurts small business and causes inflation? In the political game, voter perception of the economy is far more important than the actual state of the economy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom